Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK all you LF members who want a bit of support in your quest to lose a few pounds, weigh yourselves and set your target. You don't have to put your weight on here if you don't want to but you can chart your progress.

Let's have your recipes and tips too.

My first tips are -

If you feel like snacking force yourself to drink a glass of water first, then if you still need a snack after that make sure it is something healthy eg fruit or veg.

Also, half the potatoes/pasta on your plate and double the veg.

Use a spray bottle of oil (eg fry light or one cal) rather than pouring oil just to give a minimum coverage to stop things sticking. If you have a craving for chips/roast potatoes you can use a couple of squirts and bake them on an oven tray.

I'll be weighing myself at work this morning - I will post the results later today.

Last year's thread is here http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopic-102092-days0-orderasc-60.html

I did get down to 59kg and stayed at 60kg for most of the year but I think I'm probably around 63-64kg now (there will be tears if it is any more!). Again, I aim to get down to 59-60kg. The scales at work are in metric only, but I will convert it tonight.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hello :)
I weighted myself in the morning: 79 kg :roll: (it was 75 b4 Christmas)
My target is: 70 as I don't want to be very slim.

I had healthy breakfast so far (oat bran "bread" with ham with a bit of natural yoghurt & salad onion). I've got for lunch chicken breast with cucumbers in brine. I also made diet cheesecake (low fat & no sugar) for a snack at work. Don't know what to have for tea yet.
I'm doing 5 days of proteins only (am alowed a bit of onion & cucumber) & then 5 days of proteins + vegs.

Last year I lost 2.5 stones doing that & I gained only those Christmas extras so it's working for me ;)

·
Registered
494 Posts
When I weighed the other day was 80kg :oops: properly feeling miserable about it. Looking forward to getting my waterproof phone case and waterproof headphones, then I can look at getting up and running again.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
mibec said:
What do you exactly eat Boogs? I just wonder how similar our diets are :)
Yesterday I had almond crackers (home made with almond flour) cheese, ham and an apple for breakfast.

Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes for lunch. Orange for pud.

Spag bog without the spag for tea. Yogurt and blueberries for pud.

Snacks - cheese, almond crackers, fruit, 80% chocolate (not much!) and nuts.

Bread is my downfall (well, and sugar!) I am going to try almond bread when I can get all the right ingredients - they are complicated. But I was very surprised how quickly my sugar craving disappeared - hurrah!!

:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well I'm just back from a 45 min walk with Lilly here are the stats.

Total miles: 2.56
Duration 45:50
Avg speed: 3.3mph
Max speed: 5.0mph
Avg heart rate: 160
Max heart rate: 185

Time spent in:
Fat burn: 2:05
Fitness: 43:09

Min altitude: 554ft
Max altitude: 727ft
Total ascent: 343ft
Total descent: 397ft
Wind: (SSW) 15.5mph
Weather: Cloudy
Humidity: 76%
Temperature: 11.1 C

Not as far or as fast as yesterday but the wind is terrible.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Boogs said:
Easter13 said:
Boogs said:
What is your app called Easter13?
I use endomondo and a polar ft7 HRM.
Thanks - I will look it up!
http://www.endomondo.com

The Polar FT7 is pretty good I use it and manually import the data to the endomondo website, though you can get a Bluetooth version so it syncs with apps, which if I get a job a may invest in as I don't have a GPS running watch.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I've signed up to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge in July in aid of the Forget Me Not Children's Hospice, so really need to lose a fair chunk of weight by then. I did lose a load of weight in 2012, 31kg. 2013 was rubbish due to illness and I put 6kg back on. Have set a target to lose at least 15kg by July, so low carb here we go again :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
teejayw said:
I've signed up to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge in July in aid of the Forget Me Not Children's Hospice, so really need to lose a fair chunk of weight by then. I did lose a load of weight in 2012, 31kg. 2013 was rubbish due to illness and I put 6kg back on. Have set a target to lose at least 15kg by July, so low carb here we go again :D
I ideally want to loose 12Kg, but all depending on if I get work then I'd like to sign up for the Cardiff Half Marathon. I do need to invest in some kit though if I'm going to do that, and a new pair of stability running trainers are high priority. My old kit doesn't fit anymore sadly as I last used it when I was a size 8 and I haven't been that size for some time :(

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easter13 said:
Not as far or as fast as yesterday but the wind is terrible.

That's one of the problems with a rapid change to your diet :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
teejayw said:
Good luck with that Trevor. It is 30 years since I last did the 3 peaks. I did it twice in 3 weeks, once with school and once with Ranger Guides. 26 miles with 3 mountains is a major challenge. Coco did Whernside with OH a few months ago, I think they will do Ingleborough next. I don't think I could do any of them these days, my knees are too old and creaky to do big hills.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I weighed and was 76.5 kilos need to be about 56 so I am aiming to lose 20 kilos did nothing last year going to try weight watchers on lone cannot get to classes , my downfall is cheese I love it.

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh well! Deep breath!

I weighed myself this morning and found that I am now 64kg (10st 1lb) :(

Last January I was 68.5kg and I got down to 59kg (9st 4lb) in spring/summer, then stuck at around 60kg until October when I went up to 61kg. Christmas has put me up to 64kg.

So 5kg or 11lb to lose. 19 days to lose as much as possible for my night out (I haven't even tried my dress on yet since gaining).

Breakfast - porridge and dried cranberries with coconut milk (really low cal milk alternative)

Lunch - left over jacket potato with about 50g of Philadelphia light.

Snack - small box of raisins

Tea - A couple of sausages (they needed eating), small amount of mashed potato, carots, mange tout. Stewed apple with soya yoghurt and a tiny bit of crumble topping (cooked separately).

I haven't had enough to drink though, I need to do better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Weight currently 66 kg and want to be around 50. I love junk food.....pizza, chips, crisps, takeaways and have never put on weight until I stopped smoking last year!

Going to have porridge instead of rolls for breakfast, veg / chicken for lunch rather than a baguette / rolls. Yoghurt, cranberry (dry) grapes as snacks rather than crisps & choc.

Dinner is going to be the usual but no chips, wholegrain pasta and less cheese.....well thats the plan anyway!

My issue is I eat well for a day and expect to wake up the next day and notice a difference haha!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh heck looks like I have the most to loose I weigh nearly 13st and am 5ft 3 :(

Today's meals

Breakfast: 2 shortbread biscuits
Lunch: beans and sausage on toast (2 slices of toast)
Dinner: pasta with chicken, leek & mushrooms in a philidephia low fat garlic and herb sauce.

Snack: after eight dessert

Calories consumed: 1359
Goal calories: 1350
Calories gained through exercise: 459
Net: 900

As soon as my case and headphones arrive I'm getting back to running, I've never been this big before...... EVER!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts