Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

As most of you will know it was the Lab Forums Get Together yesterday, which unfortunately due to ill health on my part, myself, Dave & Braddie were unable to attend. This didn't stop the day going ahead as normal though, and Rhoni (aka mommy) kindly agreed to co-ordinate the day on our behalf.

Well - what can i say? Rhoni has done a fantastic job of it all - as i'm sure everyone who attended will agree, we cannot thank you enough Rhoni for everything you have done. We have heard what a huge success it was and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The day certainly wouldn't have gone ahead without you Rhoni - so thank you so much for everything you have done. You'll now need to go home and put your feet up for a week!

We would also like to thank everyone who has helped Rhoni - what a great team you all make. huge thank you to Stuart & Kaye - Stuart i am sure you have done loads & Kaye thank you for organising the Cancer Research event for the Waddle & Toddle plus everything else you have done to help your mum on the day.

Fay & Christina, thank you so much for organising and running 'Bark in the Park' - i can't wait to hear all about it!

Mary - thank you for bringing the 'Labrolymnpics' to us - it sounds like it went down a treat!

Fay - Thank you for doing the raffle again this year - i hope it didn't tire you out too much.. and thank you also to your family for helping out put things up and get everything ready.

3p - Thanks so much for helping out with the tattooist - and everything else you did on the day.

The erection team - (lol) i'm not sure who exactly this was but i know that a huge gazebo was erected perfectly, plus another smaller one - thank you so much for helping out and put these two up. I'm sure it wasn't an easy job!

Our meet and greet ladies - Thanks for all your help in ensuring the day started of smoothly.

Marinda - thank you for running the kids entertainment - hope you got on ok!

We would also like to thank everyone that ran a stall on the day - we hope it all went well for you and look forward to hearing all about it.

Thank you to everyone else who has made the day what it was, sending you all a huge hug for all your time and effort - and for making the day a complete success. I'm sure i'll be back on this thread a bit later with a few more thank you's to people i have missed off - apologies in advance.

Well - i hope today you can all go home and put your feet up and relax.. we look forward to seeing all the photos and hearing about the day, thanks to everyone who attended - we wish you all many more happy Get Togethers.

Rhoni - THANK YOU SO MUCH once again. For everything you have done.

All the best to everyone,

Julie, Dave & Bradley

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
It was a brilliant day :D , I`ve just this miniute got in, havn`t even unpacked the car yet :lol: .

Everything went so well, sadly had to drop the agility from the games but hopefully that can be included next year depending on whose doing it, thoroughly enjoyed doing the LaraLympics and many to Bernie and Dave her OH for helping me out and also for the many treats and toys they brought along that were shared out amongst the winners :D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Ill second those sentiments, Julie!! Rhoni...yer a star and dont think you really needed the megaphone!!! 8O :wink: j/k

A great day and glad to be part of it :wink: :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Huge Well done to Rhoni and the rest of the team for a great day :D

Just wanted to add - a THANKYOU to Michaela and Paul as they were judging the dogs on the day, a difficult task as some of the classes were pretty full and all the dogs were so lovely and well behaved :D

Next year I'll have them lill judge badges back :twisted: :lol:

We had a lovely day and Ben enjoyed himself, bouncing all over the place :roll: :lol: Was a lill embarrassing, as he was ermmm snoring on the ferry at one point :oops: he was sooo tired :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Thanks Cris. :wink: Thoroughly enjoyed it, and was delighted to be asked! :D Oooh yeah, wondered where the lill 'Judge' badges were!! lol :wink: :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hmmmm..I had one that beth found with me, only the darn thing said paws for applause on it! grrr! lmao!

People would have known who to bribe had you been wearing one. lmao j/k :lol: Although stuart did say he thought he saw someone slip you a fiver at one point 8O hmmmmm ..roflmao!! j/k :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Although stuart did say he thought he saw someone slip you a fiver at one point hmmmmm ..roflmao!!
I'll have you know Cris, that i am un-bribable!! Darn that Stuart...i thought no-one saw that!!! lmao :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
:D :D I know I've already said this but Rhoni did you proud Julie :D :D

It was the most fantastic day... Just wish you Dave and Bradley were there ...i wanted a huge hug and cuddle from Braddie :lol: ... ( and you two as well :wink: :lol: ).... There would have been a long line of peeps waiting to do that too to say "thankyou for LF " :D

I have to say though..Shadow i think fell in lurvveeee with me :lol: ..He gave me lots of licks and cuddles ..so i was a happy bunny... :lol:

I need to apologise to Cristina and Michaela and Paul during the bark in the park :oops: ..I was in charge of Corbie, Tilly and Beth for some of the classes... Or should i say they were in charge of me.. :lol:

I think we would all agree that it was a fantastic day and there are a lot of very lovley snoozing Labby's today :D

LMAO Cris about Benson snoring on the ferry :lol: .. i was telling him that Sherps and Barco will be waving at him across the Solent... maybe have to wait for a day or two until Benson has recharged his batteries :lol:

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts

TO ALL THE ORGANISERS

For a fantastic weekend, we had a great time, even though we got soaked erecting the tent the night before, the day was brilliant.

Thanks Judges for giving Jack and 4th in Best Butt, although my mumthinks it was her bum that swung it :lol: :lol: and for 2nd place in Best Trick, we had been practicing all week :lol: .

What a wonderful team of people, Rhoni, 3p,Faye, Mary etc and all LF members.

And finally

To Julie and Dave for founding LF, where would I be without it :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I need to apologise to Cristina and Michaela and Paul during the bark in the park ..I was in charge of Corbie, Tilly and Beth for some of the classes... Or should i say they were in charge of me..
Lmao - Trizia!! That was soo funny...I need a long stick to poke you with as you just weren't paying attension :roll: roflmao! j/k :lol: , I think you should show Benson for me next time...you must have won a rosette for each dog you had 8O :lol: :wink:

Benson will soon be doing some hello bounces back across the solent to sherpa and barco :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Trizia, great to see you...yes i think you have a new fan in Shadow!! lol :D :lol:

Dont be daft no need to apologise, although i had to laugh at your control..a new technique perhaps?! lol :wink: :lol: j/k

And Cris...are you SURE it was Ben that was snoring and not you??!! roflmao :wink: :lol: :D j/k

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
And Cris...are you SURE it was Ben that was snoring and not you??!!
Grrrrrr!!! lmao! It was Benson, he was asleep at the side of the seats (Had to push him off the seat, cheeky dog! lmao), on his back, legs in the air and with the ferry staff laughing at him :oops: :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
We are back - and this time avoided the motorway - seeing as the trip up was so horrendous and took us 4 hours to get there 8O By the time our tent was up and we were unpacked it was 11pm before the tea was on!

I have to say well done to Rhoni and the team for organising such a great event! (and no rain!!!) There was a really good turn out and I know I missed a lot of people out to say hello to :oops: My children had such a great time meeting all the lovely labbies - who were so well behaved!!!!!! :D And my 3 dogs were loving every minute of it - well almost - the tatooing was not a great experience, but was definately worse for me than for them. I think Doobies face will haunt me for the rest of my life, meanwhile Doobie had forgotten everything the moment I pulled a homemade (ish) dog biscuit from my pocket the moment it was over.

Doobie sends his apologies to Paul for woofing at him.

Thankyou to Mary to for letting us join the sausage and spoon race - even though Doobs ate the spoon and not the sausage in all the excitement!!!

One of the highlights of the weekend (and there are many) was seeing Gracie and Eddie play offlead together at the GT. After a shaky start the night before when Denise and I thought they would rip each others throats out 8O - and then poor Pheebs got a taste of it too :oops: - they soon got over it and had a ball!!!! Gracie even swam properly for the first time and I was a bit worried about how far she was going!!!

Anyway, so, I have waffled, but all I can say is that we all had such a brilliant time - and thank you again to Sally and Carroll for suppling me with wine and fun on sat night. Oh and Sarah, I hope you enjoy camping in our tent - I am sure it will be a much better size for you than it was for us!!! :D

Roll on next year!!!!!

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Well done Rhoni and team :D

Gutted we couldn't be there again, although we did enjoy the company of a few LF members at the show :D and possibly some new ones looking for a pup :wink:

Maybe next year it could not coincide with one of the biggest show in Wales :oops: - and we have to go back again, because we didn't get a snifter of those places :cry:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
It was a brilliant day - Rhoni did a great job organising everyone!

It was lovely to meet so many of you, but I missed saying hello to a lot of people - I wasn't being rude, I just didnt get a chance to mingle much :lol:

Corbie is now all tattooed too :D

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well we're back - we got back at 1.30 having managed to navigate the M42 and M1 without the rain and accidents. Tents drying out in the garage, washers been on and Max is out for the count on the floor.

So nice to meet people but there were many I missed. Karen it was I who removed the poo bag during the Bark in the park, didn't feel it was an appropriate time to introduce myself at that point :lol:

We had a great time and the attempted BBQ (which was put out by the rain) didn't turn out too badly (ended up in the frying pan). Kids enjoyed playing with Jack, Alfie, Jessie and Caitlin - Carroll and Sonia's gang.

THANK YOU RHONI AND EVERYBODY ELSE - WE HAD A FAB TIME.

Edited to say MAJOR thanks to Stuart (Kays OH) without whom we would probably still be putting the tent up now! Stuart can we book you for next year pls. :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
maxenergy said:
Karen it was I who removed the poo bag during the Bark in the park, didn't feel it was an appropriate time to introduce myself at that point :lol:
Thank you :D I was so embarrassed by that particular performance of Corbie's in the ring :oops: But what a way to say hello, over a poo bag :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
I can't really add anything else to what everyone has already said.

We all had a great day (even teenage son who didn't really want to go but ended up wanting to do the 3 legged race and take Charlie in the ring for the 'bark in the park')

It was great meeting you all and appologies to people I missed, I really wanted to try and say hi to everyone but we were on the go all the time and when we weren't, the people I hadn't spoken to were busy - so sorry!!

Thanks again to Rhoni and her excellent team - great job

Wendy and Charlie

1 - 20 of 35 Posts