Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

OH has agreed we can start our search now as we are not likely to be going to America in February

:yay:

So (i know Sue at LRRSE has this already but here it is for the rest of you :lol: ) here are our details

2 adults
4 children (12,6,4&half, 15 months)
adults work full time (OH shift pattern, me from home)
6ft fence down left hand side of boundary
4ft fence down other side
<bracken never jumped or was interested in jumping if that helps>
I'd prefer a female (as i'm outnumbered by males lol)
age upto 4 (maybe 5 at a push)
Red fox or Yellow
must be child friendly, dog friendly and cat friendly (as inlaws have dog and cats and i dog walk with a friend and another yellow girl lab)
we also have guinea pigs at home in a hutch and a runwhen nice

anything else?

oh,. travel is a problem due to OH shift patterns!

xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was attending agility last night and one of the trainers has rescued a yellow bitch from the kennels as she said she was at the rescue when the lab came in. She knew from the start that the lab was something special and couldnt leave her in the kennels. She said she cannot fault her, she is marvellous with kids and clean and quiet in the house and is so so eager to please. She thinks she would be just right for agility and is about 1 year old. She has five dogs of her own so is actively looking for a good home for her. If you are interested pm me.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
withoutalab said:
anything else?

oh,. travel is a problem due to OH shift patterns!

xx
As you can't travel it might be helpful to have a rough location and idea of how far out of that you can go i.e 10 mile radius etc.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Shame it can't be a boy, lrse&c have Linus a one year old male yellow lab who absolutely adores children and in fact, it has been requested that he be rehomed with them :wink:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a male is an option if the right female isnt around lol (i just wanted to even up the ratio a bit lol)

I live near Folkestone in Kent and could travel within East Kent really (yes i know thats pushing it a bit - hence why we are willing to wait for the right doggy)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now i am back home and not posting from mums pc

:lol:

as i say a boy is an option but only if we cant find the right female (i do have pink leads and stuff so not sure a boy would like them :lol: )

we wouldnt do agility - unfortunatly the kids take up enough time with their school stuff etc and part of my work is over the weekend which is normally when agility stuff is :(

so anyway just to update there :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just covering all the bases :p

and besides, i know where there is a 6 month old GR coming into rescue (i have 2nd dibs :lol: )

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol:

no thankyou - in all seriousness although experienced with 3 legged dogs (our last sheltie lost one) i dont think thats ideal at the moment for us

1 - 13 of 13 Posts