Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my mum took on 2 black labs when an elderly couple died.
The female lab, known as Suki, is out of Lemon Blossom Dolly. Apparently, Suki's litter wasn't registered.
Suki was born 08/01/2017 in a litter of 9.
Mum is wondering if there is any way to find out more about Suki's ancestry or even who the sire is?
Many thanks for any help or pointing in the right direction.
Kia

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
As Suki and her siblings weren't registered there's no way of knowing who their sire is. However, I can tell you that Lemon Blossom Dolly's parents were Overbore Twister Amanda and Wicketwood Alfie.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Actually Lemon Blossom Dolly has a very interesting pedigree, three quarter working lines and a quarter show, with some really great dogs on both sides, including one owned by a friend of mine. I'll look a bit closer during the day and write a little about her.

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
Hello Kia,

So, As Lynda has said we have no idea of the sire of Suki, but we do know quite a bit about her dam, Lemon Blossom Dolly!

Her sire was Wicketwood Alfie. Alfie was solid high class working bred, sired Field Trials Champion Drakeshead Garth, one of several of John and Sandra Halstead’s Drakeshead dogs in the pedigree. Ft Ch Aughacasla Sam of Drakeshead was born in Ireland and brought by John and Sandra and because of his ability to pass on his working genes was in great demand at stud. (He was the great great grandsire of my Amy. A bit lower down you will find the Styleside dogs of Ged Leeson (who incidentally was best man at a friend’s wedding!) One more famous dog to mention before we leave Alfie, is FT Ch Swinbrook Twig. The Swinbrook kennel was in it’s day a very famous working dog kennel owned by Captain Duncon Mackinnon, sadly no longer with us.

Dolly’s dam was Overbore Twister Amanda, who was a mix of show and work. Looking back at Annsfarm Moonshine, he was solid show lines. Looking first at the Poolstead dogs bred by the late Didi and Bob Hepworth. A lovely kennel producing beautiful Labradors for so many years, and the name of every single one started with P. You have Pumpkin, his sire was Pipe dreamer, whos sire was Preferential whos sire was Problem and so it goes on! Sh Ch Fullwell Freebooter at Halshimoor was bred by my friend Glenys Fryer of North West Labrador Rescue and was brought by Mr and Mrs Rawlinson. Glenys and I were stood ringside at Crufts when he went reserve best of breed! Poolstead Pumpkin was Freebooter's sire. (Sadly there will be no more Poolstead dogs. Bob Hepworth is now finding it all too much and their very last dog, Poolstead Pinot (not in this pedigree) is now seeing out his last days living with Glenys.) Another show dog on the back of the pedigree is American and Canadian Champion Lindall A’bit of Action. Then we are back to the working dogs. Mike Tallamy’s FT Ch Bringwood Bobby of Brindlebay. Bobby distinguished himself by winning the International Gundog League Retriever Championship, the top working event in the UK, as did Garendon Captain who was owned by Steve Jolly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts