Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eyes are done. There was no pain whatever, just slight discomfort with the clamps and suction thingies. The lasering itself was the strangest thing I have ever experienced - like looking into space through a psychedelic kaleidoscope. Still no pain now. I had to do nothing at all yesterday (that was the hardest bit for a hyperactive jack-in-a-box!)

I go back today to get the 'bandage' contact lenses removed, another eye test, then that's it! I can read, computer, TV etc all as normal. The only things I have to do differently now are - no swimming for a month, sunglasses outside and eye shields at night. Plus six different eye drops at all times of the day but ten minutes apart, I'm getting used to that with charts and timers to keep me on track.

Oh, and by the way - I can seeeeeeeeeeeeee! It's astounding. The clarity of everything is simply incredible! For one who dabbles in painting and photography it's just wonderful :notworthy:

And more importantly - I can walk Tatze with no spec - woooooodi hooooooooooo!!

:blob5:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It is amazing isn't it, I had mine lasered 11 years ago, best thing i ever did, my prescription was -2.25 on both eyes so not too bad but needed either contact lenses or glasses to get by.
Despite the £2000 cost at the time, (which i paid monthly interest free) over the last 11 years i must have saved double that in the cost of contacts and glasses and i no longer have to faff around every day sticking things in my eyes.
They did say i would probably need reading glasses at some stage but so far i'm ok.
Well done for having your eyes done, you won't regret it and i would recommend everyone gets it done if they can.
Take Care.
Gary and Toby.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
Great news :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Glad to hear it went so well and that it was pain free. :0)

I have only recently noticed slight age related deterioration in my vision.
Are most people good candidates for laser surgery please?

Amanda

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tumack said:
Glad to hear it went so well and that it was pain free. :0)

I have only recently noticed slight age related deterioration in my vision.
Are most people good candidates for laser surgery please?

Amanda
Sorry to say that the age-related need for reading glasses can't be corrected by laser surgery :(

The reason is that age-related deterioration is due to the muscles, not the lens/cornea.

I still need reading glasses for very close work as they couldn't cure my old age (how rude! ;)) but I have cheapo £5 off the shelf glasses for that :)

Tatze is my reason for having laser - I can't do contacts and found wearing glasses for walks in rain, cold etc really annoying!

Expensive dog all round - hehe!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thank you Mags,
looks like I'm going to have to get some new glasses. I did fill my prescription, buy a pair and managed to lose them within a couple of weeks. I have no idea where. Probably some field somewhere and I've been too vain and lazy to replace them. My family are now telling me to stop squinting at them all the time so I will have to break down and get a pair :0)

Amanda

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Glad it went well.

I've recently had cataracts removed and IOL implants which corrected my myopia. Great isn't it? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts