Labradors Forums banner

Lack of Exercise = Potential Nightmare!

554 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Karen_theArtist 
#1 ·
You may have read the thread about Corbie injurying his paw
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-65390.html

So this week he's not been getting his usual walks. He's pretty good getting through the day, a few whinges at me and the 'I want my walk!' eyes, but we'll have a play instead.

He's had a couple of short walks on grass, about 10 mins, over the whole week - off-lead. So last night as it looked like it was healing well I took him for a short walk around the village.

Imagine the excitement and pent up energy my pup had! As we got to the end of the path he was off! Practically dragging me down the road at a run 8O All along the main road I was continually pulling him back. Usually he's no bother at all.

I can certainly see how lack of exercise on a daily basis could have a dog chomping at the bit, and being a nightmare when taken out if they don't get a chance to get it all out of their system.

So, not wanting to end up face-first on the pavement due to an under-exercised Labrador, I will be taking him out this morning for a short walk as well as this evening... paw permitting :lol:

This is really the first time Corbie's had house rest, apart from KC a couple of years ago. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while!

See less See more
#2 ·
I know exactly what you mean! Buddy has been on short lead walks only because of his broken toe and any new thing he sees is now such a reason for excitement! He pulls much more in general and turns into a cartoon dog when we see another dog in the distance or even a person! His legs are trying to run but we're holding him still by his harness. It's like he's hovering but frantically running at the same time! We're trying to avoid all excitement but it's impossible!!
He is having an x-ray on Monday to check how it has healed - fingers crossed that it's well enough for him to get more exercise.

Hope Corbie's paw heals super quick so that he can get rid off all that pent up energy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.