Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching Oscar and our two cats playing happily together with one of his balls in the lounge and it reminded me of how much the cats seem to have copied from their 'big brother'. :)

We got Wookie & Crunchie from a local cat rescue centre last year when they were 6 months. Although Osc is only weeks older than them, because they have come into his house I think they have a very different relationship to most cat and dog families I hear about and Oscar is definately the one they look upto. They seem to have used him as a role model and as a result I think we now own one labrador and two labramogs!

I'll explain why...

The cats both love their food and will do anything to get some. They all get fed together and all three of them stand in a row eating as though it were their last meal :)

The cats (especially Wookie) love water. As soon as Wookie sees a puddle she has to jump into it, and loves sticking her head right under the tap, or climbing into the sink while you're trying to brush your teeth to try and play!

Rather than curling up on the sofa, the cats can often be found spread out, with their head on their front paws - in exactly the same position as Oscar - in the middle of the lounge floor. If you walk over to them, rather than moving they roll over - just like Oscar - for you to tickle their tummys :)

If we take Osc out for a walk, Crunchie walks beside him for the beginning and then waits for us to return so that they can lick eachother and then walk the last bit back next to eachother.

If you throw a ball, the cats chase it with Oscar (carefully mind, so that they don't get squashed under his big paws)

The similarities are endless. They really are a happy little bunch, and it really makes me giggle when they do something that is so 'Oscar' :lol:

Does anyone else have a labramog?

Sarah x

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
me i do..lol..

i have 3 cats defiantly tigger is a labramog the other 2 are plain ol mogs..lol..

but tiggs goes out in the front with my 2 labs and comes back in through the front door instead of the cat flap..lol..

also dinner times she is eating there food

she rolls on her back for tummy rubs

she play fights with the labs

she drinks with them at the water bowl..lol..

and even sleeps on the furinture with them

you shout her name she comes running
infact better recall than the labs..LOL..

and follows me around like the labs

only difference is tigger is smaller and i can have her on my lap and carry her round easier..lol...

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I wish my cat was like Ben!

You tickle her tummy - she attacks your hand!

Ben sits and waits for his food- cat moans all day even when there is food!

Ben moves out of your way - cat sticks a paw out to trip you up!

Ben lays on the floor - Cat lays where you want to sit!

the list goes on! b****y cat :twisted:

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
christina my daughter has a cat like yours :evil: last time we were there amy (the cat) had poor old max backed up into a corner most of the day 8O that was when she wasnt ambushing me on the stairs trying to bite my feet :roll:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Sounds just like sophie Jane! :evil: :lol:

Poor Max first the cat now he is being booted out of his kennel! :lol:

Cristina

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Awwww I wish I had a Labramog!

We have 2 cats and they don't go anywhere near Harvey!

They are 3 years old and we had them both as kittens (they're sisters)
from the Cats Protection.

They live upstairs and Harvey down! They eat and sleep up there - if they come anywhere near Harvey, he chases them. It's like seperate houses. Its a shame really - I'd love them to get on.

You're very lucky Sarah! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes - I can't really believe how it has worked out really.

When we first bought the cats home (who are also sisters) they were really scared of Oscar and he insisted on chasing them whenever he saw them.

But gradually over the last 6 months they have all got used to eachother, and whereas at the beginning you never saw one of the cats without the other, now they are often seperate.. but now always one of them is with Oscar.

It's really lovely to see how they have settled and how much they love spending time together :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
it just goes to show cats and dogs can get on together...lol..

infact i was thinking of this post last night i was eating some toast and i wish i had a camera at the time..lol..
but charlie was on my left then rosze in the middle then brandy on the right and tigger 1 of my cats sitting inbetween them all waiting for a piece of my marmite on toast..LOL...i couldnt beleive it..lol.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Cristina - your cat sounds like our Rosie - she's also black and has a couple of similarities with shadow, the best is sleeping on her back with legs in the air, just like Shadow.
Like yours if you try ti tickle her tum, she grabs your hand and tried to bite you. Worst is that we have some open plan stairs that go up through the living room. She will lurk on the stairs, and as you go past under them will swipe your head. Evil cat :evil:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Paul,

My cat is Black too! Cats seem to think that we are there to serve them if and when they please,! Sophie has also been known to beat up the neighbourhood ginger tom cat and she is only small, she is a cat with "attitude" :lol: All the other cats don't go near her :evil:

Cristina

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Somebody told me after we got Rosie as a sweet little bundle of fir from the RSPCA centre near Accrington that black cats were 'psychotic' I didn't believe them - I do now :shock:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hey paul watch that wig mate,she might think you have a rat on your head and go for a swipe on the stairs,lynne and dylan,

How's accrington stanley doing?

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Thanks Lynne! I have a full head of hair and don't need to resort to a wig, thank you very much :D

Don't mention Accy Stan., with them in the same Division as my other passion, Exeter City, and having just beaten City a few weeks ago...I don't like 'em! :cry:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
It's just that every time i see the grecian word i imagine you taking the fur off and dropping it overnight in a bucket of grecian 2000,your fault paul for using a word that makes me think daft things,lynne,

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
You're right about the 'daft things', but not the hair product, as you may (or may not) know 'Grecians' are the nickname of my footie tea, Exeter City, and Exile because i'm an exiled Devonian here in Lancashire. I know - Daft :lol:

Definitely don't need the grecian 2000 (yet) but will own up to having highlights!

Must dash, time to get ready for work,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found another similarity between Oscar and one of the cats today.. the size of the paws :shock:

Crunchie went out to play in the garden earlier and when she came back in an hour later, her front left paw was about 4 times the size it should have been.. awww

Just taken her to the vets and they think she has had a bad reaction to a sting, so she's had a jab that will hopefully sort it out.

But bless Oscar, normally when I get home he is very excited to see me, but today when I came back in with Crunch he was all over her instead. They are in the front room down taking turns to lick her poorly paw!

bless :D

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Paul, nearly choked on my sweeties when you mentioned the highlites,are you trying to do me harm or what, you are so funny,and sorry no didn't know about the nickname,not into footie much, but hubby is a liverpool supporter and of course all of us being welsh ,RUGBY is our game,lynne,

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Just in from work and what do i find - Lynne taking the **** out of my hair :D In my defence, my wife made me do it - I wasn't going to have them done, but she wore me down over 6 months!

Being a Welsh rugby fan must be good at the mo, my parents are bothe Welsh and Dad is a big rugby fan - he was delirious when they beat the English :( All i can say is to make the most of it, we'll beat you next year!

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Paul. was going to apologise about taking the ****,but after that comment i changed my mind, so all i have to say is :IN YOUR DREAMS BOY,!!! lynne and dylan(proud to be welsh boyo!!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts