Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on our sister site - thought i'd share it with you guys. :D

Rules For Labradors :lol:

1. When I say move, it means go someplace else. It does not mean switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.

2. The dishes on the floor are yours and contain your food. All other dishes are mine and contain my food. (Please note: placing a paw or nose-print in the middle of my dinner does not stake your claim on it, nor do I find it aesthetically pleasing in any way.)

3. The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

4. I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. Locate your inner beast and remember that sleeping animals can actually curl up in a ball, so it is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible.

5. My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.

6. For the last time, humans like to use the bathroom alone. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it won't help to claw, whine, bite the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. (Trust me, I have been using the bathroom for years...canine attendance is not mandatory.)

7. When you see me asleep on the couch, it is not funny to make a sudden leap onto my stomach and drop a chew toy, bone or jingle ball on my crotch, no matter how much that makes other family members laugh.

8. Don't think for a minute that making a sad face and whimpering pathetically will get you out of trouble when I find a puddle of pee on the carpet. The face and the whimpering only validate that you knew it was wrong when you did it.

9. The proper order is kiss me, then go lick yourself. I cannot stress this enough.

And some rules for any visitors

1. They live here; you don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my dog(s) better than I like most people.

4. To you it's an animal. To me, it's an adopted child who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech-challenged.

Of course all these Lab Rules all get ignored - as we just love them soooo much! :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi julie,
oh how true those are :lol: just couldnt stop laughing. max is sitting by my side looking at me as much as to say have you gone totally loony mum!
jane and max.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Those rules are very true :D I fell asleep last night with ben in his bed, and woke up to find him in my bed with his head on my pillow facing me (snoring)! I did poke him but he just pretended to be asleep :sleeping: :D

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
The author of this must be a Lab owner! Made me laugh, and as I type Shadow is sniffing my Lasagne! As a night shift worker, I'll often have a nap in the afternoon on the sofa, and one of Shad's favourite tricks is to stick a cold wet nose in my ear or start playing with the loudest squeeky toy he can find! Dontcha just love 'em :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Wonderful post Julie! Rule 6 reminded me of my poor Mum!

She used to have a cat and a dog and whenever she went to the downstairs loo, Ben (the dog) would follow her in before she had chance to turn round and shut the door and Sooty (the cat) would sit outside and keep 'knocking' the door with his backside!

Doesn't matter what they do though, you're right - we just love 'em to bits!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
12 Posts
These rules are hilarious, made me laugh for ages!! :lol:

Scooby tends to follow both myself or Mike into the bathroom, and before we've even managed to turn round and sit on the loo, he's got his head in the bowl!! Several times he's managed to knock the door open on me and then try and pull my trousers off, while they are still around my ankles!! He nearly pulls you off the loo entirely!! (Sorry if thats TMI) :oops:

Bless them, i'm sure we wouldn't change them for the world!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts