Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddie is almost 6mths old, but for the last few weeks has been hit and miss with his meals. He has either just nibbled at them over a period of time, or not eaten it all, or needed one of us to stand with him whilst he ate it. we thought he may just not like the food, so added tuna, or water to it, or occassionally, some canned food, but he would just pick those bits out occassionally or still not eat it. In the last few days, it has become more of a concern. He ate breakfast yesterday but only because I stood over him and my mum's dog was nearby. Last night, he ignored his tea (we dropped lunch last week to see if he'd eat his tea with more gusto!!) even with tuna in it. he again only nibbled breakfast and has this evening, only nibbled tea. We have not given any treats, and although he had a runny poo friday, we felt that this was due to him having his worming stuff the day before. No runny poo since.
HELP!!!!! T'is not normal to have a pup, especially a lab, off his food!! He is on Nutro Puppy (large breed), and we were considering trying him on another brand and switching him to adult to see if he is just bored or dislikes the food. ANY ADVICE???? He is perfectly normal in every other way - daft, energetic and bouncy.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hi,

How does he feel apart from bad appetite? Is he still active? Does he has normal weight?

We always had problems with Williams appetite (he is now 16 months old)
and even now he cant handle a large portions, so we do feed him small portions 3 times a day.
Because William was a growing puppy we could not ignore the fact that he might not getting enough nutrients so we put him on the high protein diet and always put a spoon of wet food in his kibbles.

So, if he does feel and looks good I wouldn't worry. Ant it is not unusual that sometime even a labradors not very good eaters.

I am sure someone else will be able to comment on the subject.

Regards
Sasha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts