Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, recently got a Labrador puppy she is now nearly 7 months old but keep getting questioned as to whether she is a full lab? Her mum is meant to be pedigree and we never got to see her dad. Any help or advice appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Have you got her KC registration paperwork?

I've seen Labradoodles that look full Labrador, and also watched a breeder mistake a GSD x Labrador as one of her own pups, so you really can't always just tell off looks alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has no paperwork but was sold to me as full lab, I’ve just had a few people say to me she doesn’t have a lab face which just made me question

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Really, the only sure way to know that she's all Labrador, is with the KC paperwork. That said, there is a huge variety in Labradors, with the general differences being the stockiest of the show side and the finest of the working side, and then everything inbetween. The important thing is that she's a good companion, which she obviously is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She’s lovely, I’m not fussed what she is just curiosity. Makes sense she came from a farm so her mum was a working dog I believe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before you buy a purebred pet, you should know that only an expert and a DNA test can accurately identify - purebred or mixed blood dogs. It is not necessary to do this if the dog is a pedigree, but what if it is purchased without documentation? Or accidentally crashed into the house? There are several criteria under which it is possible, albeit roughly, to understand how to identify dog breeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts