Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

Now i know you think that lurkers are just of the human kind, but i definately have a 'lab lurker' !

He goes by the name of Bradley. :D

No matter how tired or fast asleep he is, he amazingly wakes up if there is food about, and appears 'lurking' under the table or by our sides!

Even if we are as quiet as a mouse, and he is in a deep sleep - he makes a full recovery from his deep sleep and is suddenly wide awake!! :lol:

Does anyone else have a 'lab lurker' that would like to join the 'Bradley lurking club'???? :lol:

Julie

I'll leave you a photo of my little lurker boy!

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello Julie

Lurkers, come in all shapes and sizes.... :lol: ,and my best on comes in the shape of Ellie,... :) , She has only got to sleepin in her bed in the kitchen, her usual position is upside down, head hanging over the edge,the moment there is any movement toward dishing up a meal , she is there at your side mooching, as I call it... :roll: She know she shouln't get any thing, but she will sit there pawing away at your leg, untill you say , in as sterner voice as I can muster without breaking out in a discreet giggle, for her to go to her bed, with another stern NO, ... 8)

But this never lasts very long, at all. The minute you sit down at the table, ready to eat she their under the table.

So I wouls say that I have the Queen of all lurkers, of mine own, and the greatest of moochers around... :lol:

Why is it that our labs make us laugh so much, no time to feel down, I say..... :lol:

Colette

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yes, Corbie is a lurker... I'll think he's in another room and then suddenly you turn around and he's there :lol: Makes me jump all the time :D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Lovely photo of Bradley, Julie!

Got another LabLurker here, in shadow. He is soooo quiet on his paws - one minute fast asleep dreaming in his bed, the next he is sat at your side in the kitchen or has moved to in front of the fire without you even noticing - Stealth Lab!! :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Yep...lol

I have a lab lurker :roll: He lurks behind me and trips me up or i will shout for him and he is already right behind me...lol
He also lurks under the table waiting for food to drop and he lurks near the cat flap waiting for our cat.....lol

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
all the royal lurkers have lurkers dogs aswell..lol..

were all one happy family lurkers dogs and all..lol.

rosze and brandy seem to lurk there way into beds sometimes..lol..then like shadow you think there sleeping so you go sneak some food and when you turn around they are there spooky dogs..lol..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Baby Lurker

Mario (9.5 weeks) would like to join your club to get more tips! He's trying sooo hard to walk 'quietly' around the garden so that he can get that much nearer the birds, Squirrels and Magic our cat... He's not quite mastered it though and often ends up flat on his face in a heap :lol: !

He too can wake up from a deep sleep to the sound of the tap running, the cooker/microwave being turned on or the smell of even a packet of crisps being opened in another room... I still feel guilty eating around him even though I know he can't possibly still be hungry (?) 8O ...

Lucy and Mario the Novice x

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi guys
max learnt to "lurk" from day one and has been glued to my leg ever since :D (apart from when hes nicked something. undies socks etc)

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Great photo Julie Yep Hershey is a lurker you can call him and he will ignore you closing his eyes tighter but as soon as you either open the fridge or cupbaord he is by your feet hehe :lol:

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Tilly is a Jeckall and Hyde Lurker !!!!

She creepes quietly about so you are never quite sure where she is, until you find she is behind you and trip over her...............and when her mood chages she is like a stampeding elephant practising the ' Why go round anything in my way when I can go through it ! ' Including chairs, bins, visitors, furniture and my knees !!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Julie, nice pic!

Buster is a lurker he can be fast asleep snoring and still hear a packet open in the kitchen.

Kev

·
Registered
23 Posts
brodie is a lurker. i have tripped over him more times than i can count. he lurks in the bathroom, in the kitchen, pretty much where ever i am. (or there is food of course)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Julie...cud u enroll Frodo into the lurker club.... He is always by my side (except when we are out in the garden :oops: )lolz....However slowly i move to the other room...he's by my side ...He's my shadow... :D (he's not crazy about food he's crazy about people)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lab Lurker

Hi
Can I enrol Freya in Bradleys Lurker Club. When I open the fridge door she can go from being in a deep sleep to being by my side in nano seconds, or when I feed the cats she suddenly appears from nowhere. She is at her best lurking in the kitchen - She will lurk in space under the over door of the range so that she gets the first view of what eats are on offer!!!!!

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
:) Hi julie :)

The other frustrating side to ellie is.....she follows you everywhere about the house........ :lol: thankfully not to the weest room in the hoose :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
If there was anything cooking in the oven my Ol was there, staring into the glass door watching whatever was happening inside. If it was a chicken or cookies for him he would drool while he was watching.

My Ol could have taught master classes in general lurking, he had that all important radar for crisp packets, biscuit wrappers being opened at 5 miles.
Generally an elephant on his toes he could become a silent ballerina playing musical statues moving from room to room frighening the life out of people sneaking up like that.
And his speciality commando crawling, he learnt it off some naughty dog at training classes when he was a puppy and started doing it at home, he was so funny to watch. His rules were if you were put in the down position you could move anywhere in the room so long as you kept in the down position. Anyone else's do this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts