Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could anybody please help and give me some advise?
Our 12 week old Lab Amber is almost potty trained, she has always pooed outside and apart from very few accidents weeing, has always wee'd outside.
Today we bought her a puppy bone (the plastic ones) from Pets at Home, after chewing it she started to wee all over the settee, growl and run round like a tornado for about an hour. She would be outside for 20 mins and come inside to wee. Her personality completely changed. She has plenty of other toys to play with such as tug rope, kong, ball and chewing toys.
I was wondering if there could be some sort of additive in the bone shaped chew that has caused her behaviour to change?
Any advise would be very much appreciated.

?

·
0 Posts
It's not something I've heard of, although it is entirely possible for them to have a reaction to pretty much anything. Of course it could have just been a coincidence and she had a minor UTI or something. The only way to find out would be to remove the chew toy until she was back to normal again, then give it to her one day and watch to see if she has the same reaction again. If she does, bin it and don't give her any other toys made of the same sort of stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
I have to say that anything plastic will contain toxins whatever it says in the packaging, plastic is made from petrochemicals.

Me, I would scrap the plastic bone and get yourself some raw ones as per your previous thread.

Also the act of chewing will make them drink more and therefore wee more :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I personally wouldn't give my pup a plastic toy/chew, what I do give mine are the Stagbar Anter Chew which I get from . My pup Marley who is 17 weeks old loves them and as they are 100% natural I know they won't harm her, hope this helps.

(link removed as advertising)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts