Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Oscar has managed to do his worst on the lawn this winter, running around when it was wet etc. So we have about 2/3 grass, 1/3 mud at the moment and I wantto do something to get it a bit more grassy again in time for summer.

We also have quite a lot of patio with weeds growing up between the slabs.

But obviously I don't want to put anything on the garden that may be harmful to Oscar or the cats.

Does anyone have any recommendations for lawn treatments, weed killers, or any natural remedys that won't be dangerous for my furry family?

Many thanks

Sarah x

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi oscarchops,sounds just like my garden,decided to put pebbles all around the garden where dylan has done most damage and just get grass seed to tidy up the rest and as for the patio weeds we just use the karcher but only with water no shampoo,but if you have a lot of damage why not re-turf the bad bits,anyway just a few suggestions,take care,Lynne.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi

Our garden is slabbed apart from the edges and a central square which has Cotswold stones in. Buster keeps putting the stones in his mouth and chewing them,which is worrying. I thought he would grow out of it but from what I can gather this is not the case. We are going to change the square to grass because of this,( not bothered if he wrecks it, at least it's safer) but don't know what to do about the edges. :?

You can get weedkiller from places like B&Q that once dry is harmless to pets and children.

Kev

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

If you look in B&Q they do some pet friendly fertilizers that will help the grass to recover. Most if you sprinkle them on and then water them become harmless to pets once watered in (check the lable though). Ben has left us with nice bold patches where he has gone to toilet on the grass, but its growing back now. Although he has taken to digging in the borders and wrecking my plants, he also dug up the dead guinea pig, but I won't go there! :roll:

Cristina

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,
For weeds that grow between crazy paving or slabs, I just boil a kettle and pour that on them. It kills the weeds and you can't get much safer than boiled water! It might get a bit tedious if you have lots to do, but knowing it is also costless helps to spur me on!

Rosie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

We went to Homebase today and got some lawn treatment that is safe to use with animals and children so hopefully that should do the trick.

I think we are going to have to completely replace the bits at the back where he goes to the loo, but I'm glad we taught him to just go in a little area so it won't be too much work.

Thanks again,

Sarah x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts