Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plz can someone help we ave a 11 week old lab he loves to chew on our hands. we go to stroke him which he loves but he goes from licking to chewing our hands off...

IS THIS NORMAL FOR A LAB ?? (its our 1st dog)

We tried telling him off but he carrys on even more, we tried putting a toy in the way instead of our hands but he prefers the hands.....

Please can sum1 help me... We ave a 3 year old, it needs to stop pritty soon

thanx andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok ive just read more post and there is other people with the same problem i will try there suggestions thank you

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Andy,

We have a 15 week puppy who does exactly the same, but thankfully it is getting better.

Yes, read the other posts, there are lots of good ideas!

Their teeth are so sharp aren't they?

Regards,

Fay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi bala
our pup Jenson was the same as yours he would go for hands and clothes ,we tried giving him toys and telling him off which worked for a few minutes.
Jenson is now just over 4 months old and has more or less stopped biting hands I think he's stopped biting hands of his own accord we also tried to train bite inhibition which I think as also helped.

Jason

·
Registered
40 Posts
Duke (19 weeks old ) loves to chew hands but i used the bite inhibition method
so he does it very gently,but i get the odd stab of pain when he decides to run off behind the settee with my hand in his mouth. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone please give me some help. I have a 13 week old Lab that will not stop biting our clothing and hands. I have tried many ways to stop it and everything works for about an hour! I have had two Labs before but don't remember it being this bad. Please help. It hurts!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Our 5 month old Corbie can get too excited when playing and starts to pull clothes and nip our arms/hands, etc and as he now has most of his adult teeth, it's hurting! No methods seemed to work, (ignoring him, walking away, giving toys, etc) but this last week we started to shut him out of the lounge if he did this.

Now if he starts we'll say 'You'll go outside!' and he either stops or gets shut out. The top half of our lounge door has glass panels and you can see him sat out in the hall patiently waiting to be let in again so we know he'd rather be in with us!

This method seems to be working. After a couple of minutes we let him in again and all is usually well :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts