Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Can anyone help me with kong stuffing ideas? Fawkes has found his teeth and i thought some juicy filling might help channel his chewing/biting a little better?

I've done a search but there doesn't appear to be a definitive thread! Thought it might be quite good to put recipes all together in one place? :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I give Hudson natural yoghurt and a handfull of kibble, then stick it in the freezer. He loves it but when it starts to melt he loves to throw it about and make a mess......:)

C

·
0 Posts
Willow has 3-4 kongs a day (one when I leave for work one after father in law pops in at 10, one when father in law leaves her after lunch and then occasionally one in the evening if I have jobs to do and need her occupied for 20 min (eg ironing as she thinks poucning at the ironing board is great fun!)

What I do is soak about 60g of her normal food (out of her daily allowance) in hot water so it goes mushy which is enough for 4 kongs, stuff it in a kong and freeze. She loves them and this way I know she isnt getting any "extra" calories. When she was very little we didnt freeze them but she started emptying them in about 3 min so we now freeze them and they last a good 20min+

C

·
0 Posts
We also tried:
Value spread cheese
Value pate
King stuff n paste (horrble and expensive)
And wet dog food (james wellbeloved wet pouches) which again we took out of her food allowance)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Wainwrights wet food
Yoghurt, banana, peanut butter mashed together
Just peanut butter
Grated carrot and apple mixed together
Sweet potato mash
Always frozen and they last between 10-15min.
I always put 3-4 pieces of kibble at the bottom otherwise the food can get stuck and is hard to clean
And I sometimes hide some of his favourite treats in them too so there's a nice extra surprise as it melts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas all, i've gone with some of his kibble soaked in water for starters, will try other things over the next few days!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wainwrights wet food
Fish 4 dogs salmon mousse
Value sandwich paste
Sardines
Gravy
Value soft cheese
Banana
Marmite (heated with a bit of water added makes a nice paste)

All mixed with a handful or two of kibble and frozen or it's gone in seconds!

Basically I go with something wet mixed with kibble and frozen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts