Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering i've given marley and oscar both a knuckle bone, i thought they would lick the marrow out but marley is trying to bite chunks off the bone with his back teeth is this normal and will he be ok doing this or should i take it off him?
any advice would be great

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I usually take a large bone like that away once CJ has got out all the marrow he can, better to do that because they could break their teeth on a thick solid bone such as a knuckle :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant get them to get the marrow out of them :roll: they just want to crunch on the bone! :roll: so ive taken them off them.
not sure how i can encourage them to just get the marrow out!

G

·
I'm the opposite in that I scrape the marrow out as it's too rich and let them chomp on the bone. Never had a broken tooth yet either. :wink:

I must say though I don't tend to give mine the big weight bearing bones, as there isn't usually much on them that they can eat. I tend to stick to smaller bones they can crunch up and swallow.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I let them stick their tongue in to get as much marrow as they can and then I use a skewer to help them get the rest :D

Chewing on the bone has never broken any teeth in our house, just cleaned them :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts