Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and hope someone can help. My Uncle had a lovely black Labrador dog, and I think his KC registered name was Kerlstone Earl?? He was defo a Kerlstone bred dog, but not 100% convinced this was his full KC registered name. Can any-one through any light on this please? I have tried mykc, but dogs going back this far don't seem to be recorded. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
As you say, MyKC does not really help, and a lot of what I can tell you is supposition. The breeder appears to have been quite a small breeder, breeding when they wanted a dog. I say that because their dogs seem to follow along one behind the other, keeping a bitch to continue their line. They appear to have liked Mr and Mrs J Johnson's Reanacre line, having used their stud dogs on several occasions. The line was solid show lines.

I have Kerlstone Jean in my database. They mated her to Longley That's it of Kerlstone and produced Kerlstone Whisper. Whisper was mated to Reanacre Major at some time around 1960 producing Coultercraigs Snowdonia. Snowdonia was mated to Sandylands Clarance of Rossbank, (and now it gets interesting!) From here is a solid line of Mr and Mrs Stevens Rossbank dogs all the way to Rossbank Duncan McRae, born 16/11/2007.

Sorry but that is about all I can tell you.

John :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts