Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that I would post the details incase anyone is interested in finding out about working trials .

The KC'S are being held on 15th ,16th and 17th of October at
Danbury Park Farm,
Danbury.
Chelmsford CM3 4AL

This is an opportunity to watch the top dogs in the country competing . There are two competitions : Tracking Dog and Patrol dog ( Has man Work ) .

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Keith , only just caught up with your reply.

To be invited to compete at the KC's you have to win what they call a ticket which is a win at either a tracking dog championship or a patrol dog championship trial .
A bit like the IGL

Shadow had 1 reserve ticket and another one (which I count as a reserve) but was knocked out on a run off ( so really a third ) but had same mark as dog that was lieing in second . So we were very near but never quite made it . Unfortunately we are not able to get to all the champ trials so only had a small number of trials where we had a chance to qualify.

Little Herman is still a baby and at the bottom levels of trials , maybe in about 3 years we will be back up there who knows but he is so very different to work and at present I am struggling to read him when he is tracking ( failed again today but it was only his 2nd competition track and it was my fault :roll: ) .

Had the opportunity to watch this competition when it was held in the north several years ago and it is very interesting watching different breeds and handlers work .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts