Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions, and need some direction.. bare with me..
Last yr I imported a pup from Ireland to the US ..Elsa, who's parents are IKC, and KC registered.. in keeping with this process, I want to have Elsa registerd and Hip scored in the UK.. I need to have her xrayed in the states, then forward to the Kennel club for scoring... I have not applied for my export pedigree from Ireland yet for a number of reasons, most importantly, because I want to have her health information included on the export pedigree. Now, as I will eventually end up with an Irish export pedigree, is there any special processing order for all this to be done, and whom would the correct contacts be. I prefer to do as much as possible via email for obv reasons being in the states.. Its my plan to breed Elsa back to a UK champion, and think it would be prudent to have her registered in Ireland, UK, and the States..
If i'm not mistaken the process should go as follows:
1) have xrays done at 2 yrs of age, send to the UK. KC, for evaluation, and have those results forwarded back to me..
2) have the rest of her health test done, elbows, eyes, opt testing
3) Forward that information to the IKC, and apply for my export pedigree with the IKC
4) send all the information to the AKC and have my pup registered
5)register my pup with the KC
please if I'm in error , or if theres an easier way please let me know.
and if possible please let me know whom to contact at the KC, departments, names, and email links if possible.. thank you for your help.
I have plenty of time, 7-8 months till I have Elsa xrayed, and health tested, just trying to get some lead time..
Thank you all
bruce and elsa

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Bruce,

I have to say personally I really don't know. Thats no help to you I understand that .... Uk owners of sires that you might approach do know the USA system well, plenty of conversion charts are avaliable, so don't think that they would prefer you to have her scored here, they will be quite happy with AKC results I would imagine. Just incase it helps you as this all sounds rather complicated to do it this way round.

You are completely right until you have a export pedigree in hand you can't register her with the AKC but you know that.

I would go onto the kennel club website at www.the-kennel-club.org.uk and take it from there. There is a canine services department which i am sure would be able to help you.

Di

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
I thought (although I have to say I am not sure where I have read this) that it is not possible to have a dog registered in both the AKC and the UK Kennel Club.

Hopefully you will be able to track down someone in the KC who can help you.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm quite certain A dog can be registered in both the KC, and the AKC, there are many people whom offer dogs for sale in the states in this manner......... it goes to the ofspring... then being able to be registered in both kennel clubs........ I will contact the KC, and still hoping there are some more posts re these procedures....... Ive already have the contact information re: the specific xrays required, and the location to send them in the UK for scoring......hip scoring in the US is more a blanket determination rather then a rating, and I prefer the UK process.... just looking for as much input from as many sources as possible.... and perhaps a few whom might have gone through some of these processes themselves to post...

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
This is a quote from the Kennel Cub website (I thought I had read it somewhere).

Can I register my dog with the Kennel Club if it is living in another country (other than Ireland/Channel Islands)?

A dog can only be registered with the Kennel Club if it is resident in the UK (an ATC dog is recorded not registered). However, if a dog is living in a country where the Pet Travel Scheme is operational and is coming to the UK to take part in KC events, an Authority To Compete (ATC) number is required.

Here is the link:
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/366

Sorry if I have got this wrong though and this is not what you are trying to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts