Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I love some of the names the Kennel Club gives out! Llittle Smudgey's 'real' name is 'Airbourne Arthur'! Would love to hear some of the others people have if they know them.

All the best,
'Sitting On A Chair Nicola'!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Nicola

Corbie's Kennel Club name is Flytesway Liberty. Very cute. I don't know how his breeder managed to think of the 11 KC names for each of the pups - one name was difficult enough for us! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our little Scooby is registered as Clanmartin Falling Breeze! Again there had 8 pups to register and not sure where they got these names from, but they are nice to know. Does anyone have the Certificate from the Kennel club? I sent away for ours and was thinking that we could get it framed!

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi everyone my yellow labs kc name is glosmere kerrie gold the glosmere is the afix of the breeders kennel as i had kerrie of my breeder when she was nearly one year old i keep her name and funny the name kerrie suits her my chocy labs name is eatha kitt but is called rosie and our black lab was going to be called liberty bella but because there is a dog with the kc name the same we had to have charming cadi instead but her pet name is liberty and her name suits her she is a free spirit with a mind of her own but i love them all to bits my daughter also has two labs of the same breeder they are brendas bequest of glosmere and her pet name is brenda and her daughter glosmere rhianna also called rhianna yours sue

·
Registered
193 Posts
are the puppies registered by the breeder?
Molly isn't registered, but I know she is from a pedigree line...
I always wondered how it worked...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Both of our girls were registered by their breeders. We sent in the registration paperwork for change of ownership but they were already registered under those names. I think some people can choose their own registered names - not sure how it works in that case.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yes, the breeder registers the puppies as it will have their affix as the puppies names. You can change it if the purchaser of a puppy has an affix and wishes to add that to the puppy's name, by completing a change of name form 8 and sending it to the Kennel Club with a small fee (just got this from some information I was sent in the Scottish Kennel Club's puppy pack). :)

I was looking at Corbie's pedigree recently and did a search on Google for some of his doggy relations and was lucky to find photos of his great-grandfather and great-great-grandfather, both show champions. Could spend hours looking at all that ... easier to research his family tree than my own, as most of its already done for me :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
As Bradley is a French Dog,(our breeder moved to France) he hasn't been registered with the Kennel Club, however his parents and grand parents and great grand parents etc etc have.

His mum was called Dragonsway Victoria & his dad was called Kenmillen Jimboy!

I have just been looking at his 'family tree' and there are some very interesting names on it! His grandad (on the sires family side) was called 'Malmpit Roger Of the Raj' & his grandma 'Rustic Gamble' :D

I've been very interested reading through everyones names though, what a great topic! :D

For anyone not sure about the KC and registering procedures, here is their link:

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These names are brilliant! It has really made me smile reading through these tonight!

I have just got Smudge's certificate out. Smudge's mum is 'Swan Stream' and dad is 'Kenmillone Shadow Of Light'!

I have tried doing a search on Google but didn't come up with much - what a great idea though.

Thanks for the useful link Julie - I'll have a look at that in a mo.

All the best,
'Nicola Typing Sitting In The Light'! (I know, I'm just being silly now! lol!)

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi guys
fraid max is not kc registered (backyard rescue) so after seeing all your posh names have decided to give him his own title. ladies and gents please meet "sir luverly lump of labrador"
jane and max.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Jane - Love your KC name for Max!

Just been looking over some of Corbie's relatives - going back, there's some names on there that you just couldn't say if you'd had a drink or two :lol:

Corbie's parents are on his website with links to their homepage.

A couple of alternatives for Corbie: 'Destroyer Of All Things Cardboard Corbie' or 'Mr. Pinch It Out Of The Bin When She's Not Looking'! :D

I liked the KC names you gave yourself, Nicola :lol: Think mine would be 'Argh, The Puppy's At It Again' :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
Ollie’s pedigree name was Ollie De Clisson the breeder named all the nine puppies in his litter French names from a book, he did tell me what book but I was so excited when I picked Ollie up that it didn’t register. So if there are any French characters out there born on 11/11/95 I’d love to hear from you as you would be Ollie’s siblings.
Ollie’s pedigree has many Naiken lines, lots of Jimjoy lines and of course Lindall Mastercraft a dog who maybe a lot of you have in your own pedigrees.
I chose to call my dog Oliver because every time I gave him food he wanted more. I very often called him Ollie, Ol, get off the couch or Damien Devil Dog when he’d gone into "Kevin" mode - not often thankfully.
There is a website http://champdogs.co.uk/ where you can search either by breeder, stud dogs, clubs etc which is very useful if you want to trace relatives of your own dog.

Michaela

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Lindall Mastercraft a dog who maybe a lot of you have in your own pedigrees
Sire to Kupros Master Mariner who again, can be found in many pedigrees

http://www.labradornet.com/halloffame.html
Kupros Master Mariner is in my black lab's pedigree - the only show in an otherwise field lab pedigree.
It can be fascinating tracing back pedigrees, although incredibly time consuming. It is so interesting when you find the dog behind the name.
For anyone wishing to trace theirs, this is a good site.

http://labrador.retriever.free.fr/recherche.php?lang=en

·
Registered
147 Posts
kc names

there is also a well known dog in the chocolate line and his name is boothgates headliner he is my chocy girl rosies great grandfather and she looks like him as well yours sue

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie's got a lot of the kennel 'Mardas' going back from his great-grandfather in his pedigree. I found the photos of them and their pedigrees on the Lab Hall of Fame website which Lablover gave the link of above.

Just think how many off spring these dogs must have - good job they don't have to pay 'puppy' support! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Willow's KC name is 'Madam Sam of liskeard'
It makes me laugh each time i read it.

I tried to look up her family tree but i found the Kennel Club's website so utterly confusing and very unuser friendly.
does anyone else know how to get what they need from that site or is it just me?

hehe

:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts