Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It breaks me to have to post in this section, but yesterday I had to say one of the most hardest goodbyes to my beautiful brave boy Kaiser.
Over the last couple of years he has gone through so much, from being diagnosed with a heart condition at the beginning of 2018, to suffering prostatitis in October the same year and then being diagnosed with pneumonia in September 2019. At times I didn’t think he would pull through but he fought hard each time and came out the other side.
Unfortunately this time we wasn’t so lucky. He became lethargic and the vet found a large tumour on his spleen that was bleeding out. We was given the option for surgery, but this would only buy him a couple of months if it was found to be cancerous.
Given such a poor prognosis I felt it was unfair at his age (12) to put him through surgery and a recovery period on top of his already existing heart condition and the side effects he was still suffering from the pneumonia. I felt the kindest decision was to let him go.

I feel completely broken, I have lost something precious to me that I will never get back and I only hope that he truly knows just how much he was loved and adored. He wagged his tail right up until the end.

Kaiser, I’m completely devastated that I had to let you go. I’m broken but I would go through it all again in a heartbeat for you. You are my one in a million and I will love and miss you forever. Run free at the bridge my brave, beautiful boy and watch over us until we see you again xxxx 💔🌈

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
I'm so very sorry Leanne, it's about the hardest thing ever. But they never really leave us, but live on with us forever.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I’m so heartbroken to read this. Sending you love at this sad time. He’s not gone, he’s just run ahead. ❤💔❤

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
So sorry Leanne. Such a hard decision but the kindest for Kaiser. Thinking of you. x

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Kaiser will be watching down on you, he will know he was that he was that "once in a life time" special one and will not want you to be sad ❤
Thinking of you xx

Take Care ❤

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your kind words. I’m pretty up and down at the moment, I’m trying to get through it but feel guilty if I smile at anything. One minute I’m ok and the next I’m randomly crying. I’m just glad that I have Inca to focus on to try and take my mind off things a bit x

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Inca will have that "doggy" sixth sense and can feel human emotions, but have a different understanding.
She will know your grief and her task will be - - Mom, you did your best, please don't have any guilt- - I am here for you.

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Leanne, really sorry to hear about Kaiser. I lost my chocolate boy, Jordi last June and the pain still aches, he was 14. I also have Ace aged 10 years old and a new puppy aged 4.5 months called Bailey. They provide some solace but can never replace “my boy”. This is something that was sent to me when I lost Jordi

I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start,
You picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when
I’m not waiting at the door.
You always did your best for me,
your love was plain to see,
for even though it broke your heart
you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we’ll meet once more,
for when you’re called to heaven,
I’ll be waiting at the door.

Kaiser will be at the rainbow bridge along with others like Jordi. Take care.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Leanne, really sorry to hear about Kaiser. I lost my chocolate boy, Jordi last June and the pain still aches, he was 14. I also have Ace aged 10 years old and a new puppy aged 4.5 months called Bailey. They provide some solace but can never replace “my boy”. This is something that was sent to me when I lost Jordi

I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start,
You picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when
I’m not waiting at the door.
You always did your best for me,
your love was plain to see,
for even though it broke your heart
you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we’ll meet once more,
for when you’re called to heaven,
I’ll be waiting at the door.

Kaiser will be at the rainbow bridge along with others like Jordi. Take care.
Thank you, the poem is beautiful. Sorry to hear about Jordi. They are such a big part of our lives and hearts xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts