Labradors Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[align=justify]
I just wanted to update you after my last posting about my black labrador Mandy, I posted on here asking for advice on what to do as she was wetting herself all the time. I posted on the 7th June and it was her birthday and she had turned 14 years old.

We have just spent three wonderful weeks on the Hebridean Islands and island hopping with our two black labradors Mandy and Nelli, sadly three days into our holiday we found a very large lump on Mandys chest and after taking her to the vests on the island he said that he would do some tests but by the time the results came back we would have left the island so he advised us to take her to the vets when we returned home.

For three weeks Mandy and Nelli swam in the lovely blue sea and napped on the sandy beaches. Its been a brilliant holiday and obviously we had to returned home. We took Mandy to the vets the next day and sadly her wetting herself had got worse and the lump had got a bit bigger, the vet advised us that we would be better to put her to sleep, we knew that the decision before we went but obviously with a professionals decision it was took out of our hands. My husband stayed with her and said she looked peaceful and at rest.

We have missed her greatly and she will always be remembered, we have just uploaded our pictures onto the computer from our holiday and we have some great pictures of her and some great videos aswell. Some of the pictures we are going to get enlarged and have them framed.

Nelli my other labrador has been looking round the house for her and wondering where she is. I think she is missing her best friend lots.

Thanks for all your advice previously but just though I would update you.

Mandy RIP
7/6/1995 - 1/8/2009
You will be missed

Nell

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m so sorry to hear about Mandy, she had a wonderful life with you and the last 3 weeks must have been heaven for her with all that sea and sand, you will feel her loss for quite sometime to come but it will get easier nand you`ll be able to look back on those last pics and smile.

Run Free at the Bridge Mandy

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
So sorry to hear about Mandy Nell :( I know it's not much comfort, but 14 years is a great innings and I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you.

We went through the same with our Border Collie Sally about a month ago and our Lab, Sasha was just like Nelli - looking all over for her and really down in the dumps. I think she still has her sad moments but she is a lot happier now in general and is getting rather spoiled at the moment as we are trying to make up for the loss of her life long friend. I'm sure that Nelli will be fine in a few weeks.

Run free at the bridge Mandy xx

Karen & Sasha

·
Registered
621 Posts
So sorry to hear about Mandy.

I don't think there is anything I can say to make you feel better. So big hugs x x x x x x x

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Mandy. She lived to a good old labrador age and sounds like you all had a fabulous final holiday together topping you up with treasured memories of her.

RIP Mandy xx

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
What a fantastic age and what a wonderful goodbye holiday you all had together {{{{{{{{hugs for you and your family}}}}}}}}} run free Mandy x

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but by the same token, it won't be long until you can remember that holiday fondly and be glad of the wonderful quality time you spent together at the end.

Rest In Peace Mandy xo

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss of Mandy :( but you will always have the wonderful memories of your holiday together to remember :)

Run free Mandy at the bridge

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've just gone through this myself...she must have had a wonderful life with you ....sounds like the holiday was a great way to spend your last few weeks with her.

Run free Mandy

Our thoughts are with you at this time

TRacey Phoebe and Rocco xx

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
I am so so sorry.. :(

It sounds like she has the most wonderful last few weeks and that a dog couldn't have asked for anymore than you gave her.

Run free sweet girl.

Poem for Dog Lovers

Hello. I've been expecting you for quite some time.
Here, come sit beside us for awhile.
and let me tell you about this old friend of mine.
She might look tattered or maybe old
But I won't say goodbye until you've been told.
She had the brightest eyes I had ever seen,
And wore a beautiful fur coat that would out shine a queen.
She was never prissy but walked with an aire ......
And oh so polite, you could take her most anywhere.
She could run like the wind and could catch anything she chased
But she protected and sat with me when I had problems to face.
You could not find a friend nearly so dear.
Because no matter the trouble she always stayed near...
She has never asked for much from me;
Just to love and respect her and I think you'll agree.
To give her a good meal plus a nice warm bed is not much to ask;
When she has given me all her love and to her this was no task.
Now I understand you have a schedule to keep.
But I have a small favor before she nods off to sleep.
Please fold your wings around her and let her feel young while in no pain;
Dear Guardian Angel of Pets,
please keep her safe and happy until I see her again.

by Ginger Patton

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I just do no what to say to you I'm realy sorry to hear about Mandy and my thought are with you and the family .
Run free Mandy .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pics of Mandy and Nelli

Here are some pictures of my beautiful old girl Mandy and her beloved companion Nelli

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
:( :cry: ...run free Mandy...what a lovely end to a wonderful life with you...in time I hope you will be able to look fondly at the photos of your last special holiday together (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
646 Posts
What an upsetting story.

The thought of her last holiday should bring comfort to you, I hope, because it sounds like her lasts days were spent doing what she loved to do.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Oh the photos of your beloved girls are beautiful :) Mandy will always be with you and I do hope Nelli is coping OK :(

What a wonderful love you have/had for your girls bless you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts