Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck everyone.

I hope to see you all on the other side of this nightmare that we can and will get through.
Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but much better than some... the poor souls.

Keep those four legged wonders close, look after those dear to you and those you may not even know.

Stay strong

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
Hoping you soon get well again, I can only echo what you have said. Somebody put a card through my door, with a phone number on it for if I need help. No name, so I've no idea who to thank. I thought that was a lovely gesture.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
It’s a bit stricter here (in France so far). My biggest panic is I have one of mine stuck in kennels and I can’t go and get him. 😭😭

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I forgot to add, feel better soon xxx

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
hope you feel better soon xx 🐾🐾
OH works from home and started self isolation 3 weeks ago, we are both now 70.
I have had home food deliveries for 3 years for convenience, this is now uncertain. We have friends who we can call so we are OK.

BUT, must confess, I am worrying about old people who live alone and I am just hoping they are helped.

Stay safe xx
Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
It’s a bit stricter here (in France so far). My biggest panic is I have one of mine stuck in kennels and I can’t go and get him. 😭😭
Shite Nic!! This must be awful for you!! try to think that Freddie will think it's a long holiday and when you get him again he WON'T have forgotten you, all the training and trotting that showring ❤
Luv Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I hope to goodness he won’t, we’re missing him like mad. It’s only getting worse here.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Hope you're feeling better soon, I'm well and truly fed up of the situation at the minute, I just hope now we're in lock down that people are finally sensible!

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
Trouble is, it's so easy to blame "Other People" and the BBC are first on the bandwagon. There are so many essential jobs, not just the medical staff. And in places like London the only way to get to these jobs is either the bus or the underground. If your boss tells you that your place of work is still open, then if you are not actually affected then in most cases you either go to work or lose your job. I don't expect anybody on the underground actually wants to be there. It's been said on Facebook that the transport should lay on more trains. But how many spare trains to they have just laying around? These are expensive things and apart from the odd one or two, used when a train is pulled from service for repairs I doubt if they have, or can afford to have masses of surplus trains just laying around in case the 2020 version of the Black Death just happens to strike. Maybe staggering starting and finishing times would help, but that needs some organisation to oversee it. Maybe the Mayor's office? After all, If everyone decided to move their start time back by an hour then the problem would still be there, just an hour later. The emphasis should be, "Don't blame, organise!"

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
As rail staff fall ill that's understandable. Looking at the BBC web site there are around 46 cases in Bucks, and where my sister lives in Shropshire just 4 cases. OK, those figures are highly inaccurate considering they have said they don't want anybody reporting unless they become very ill. But either way, the bulk of the cases are in London, I suspect because that is where the business people are, so they are the ones commuting to foreign climbs and bringing it back with them. So the highest concentration of people is the highest concentration of illness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DJGoody I will pray that you get better soon. This is a very scary time for the world to understand the why for Corona. I live in the US and we're just starting down the long road to hopefully recovery. So many are dying here because hospitals didn't plan for something like this so hospitals don't have the amount of respirators needed so they need to decided who lives and who dies when two people need a respirator. I pray you all get better very soon. Linda

1 - 14 of 14 Posts