Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pop in to say hi. I am new to the forum. we are getting a golden labrador puppy in 7 weeks. He is currently 2 weeks old. We are getting him from a registered breeder of the kennal club, we have been to see the pups and both parents and very excited. Confused us when we saw the mother was a black labrador and yet could still have golden pups as we did not know this. Alreasdy started buying equipment ie crates, bowls etc etc, we are still trying to decide on names. No doubt we will be using this forum for help and advice in the coming weeks and months
here is a picture of the puppy's with their mother

·
Registered
331 Posts
HI there! We picked our pup up 3wks ago and I remember clearly how hard the waiting is! Then once you get them home time flies by and they start growing into giants before your eyes 8O :D :D

Oh and welcome.

Heather

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the messages. Are there any must read sticky's for the new to be dog owners that anybody would recommend or any websites. We plan to kepp the pup in the dog crate at night do other people do this. This is what was recommended by the peron we are buying the dog off. also when the dog is old enough and had all the neccesary vaccines and stuff we will be going to dog trainging classes

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You just have so much joy coming to you :D Dylan is 6 months old now and i cannot beleive just what a huge part of our family he is - and I wasn't keen on getting a dog :roll: I had all these house rules lined up but Dylan just got into my heart and broke every one - including being up on my new sofa and I don't mind a bit!!!

When we first had Dylan the stickys I found really helpful were anything to do with stopping them biting/nipping you. Also anything I could find on house training. So much info on here it is fab and if you can't find what you want in a sticky just post and ask as someone will always come along and help you.

And welcome by the way :hello2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts