Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any advice, Tilly is 1 and is still jumping up on people as she greats them either in the home or outside, she is getting stronger and can knock me off my feet and I scared that she does it to someone outside.

Thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
I dont know if it will help but i made an exercise of when we was out as soon as i spotted someone walking by id tel meg to sit by my side then when ppl walked by it was their choice if they stopped to say hello or walk by with out meg pestering if they did stop id lightly andpolitely ask that they ignore her and greet me first and when she was sat nicely they would greet her secondary, i would do this every time we went out
Indoors you can either use a spot and tell them to sit a wait , let them come to the door and in and when your visitors have greeted you let them fuss the dog only if all 4 paws are still on the floor!
or sit them next to you in the sit while you greet visitors and again let them fuss when dog has all 4 paws on floor next to you
some times over excitement got the better and there was times when she tried jumping and id take her out the room to calm down when visitor was sat id ask her back in tell her to sit and then she got the fuss
Main aim is to try and repeat the exercise as much as poss so you need lots of visitors!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts