Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ben my 7 mth old lab won't stop chasing my poor cat! It has now got to the point where poor Sophie (cat) can't even walk along the floor or in the garden without ben trying to jump on her. She has to jump from draws to tables to desk just to get around the room :( ! She doesn't mind Ben, she even lets him sniff along her back, but he has to take it that bit further. I know he is still a pup but poor Sophie has to live here too. I've tried to say "No" when he does it but then Sophie hits him :evil: and it starts all over again. Does anyone know how I can stop him from doing this as it is driving me nuts? :( HELP!!

Cristina

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Cristina, after 7 years Shadow still chases Rosie. Like Sophie, she doesn't mind when he sniffs her head and ears, but then he has to stick his cold wet nose up her a$$e and practically pushes her along! As you would expect, rosie doesn't take kindly to this and either runs away upstairs (shadow isn't allowed up there) or turns round and starts spoiling for a fight!
Animals - who'd 'ave 'em!!!

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi,

I also have the same problem with Harvey and our 2 cats.

He chases them, so they stay upstairs (until he's asleep, then they sneak past)

Sorry :( wish I had some advice.

Fay

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhh!

Seven years! :shock: Its only been 7 months and he is driving me mad! :lol: Oh well poor Sophie will have to get used to it. She does have the advantage that she can sit outside the cat flap just far enough that when Ben pops his head through barking at her he can't quite reach! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
cristina..lol..

did i not tell you about rosze and my cats..lol..as you know i have 3

tiger (tabby cat) dipsy and sooty black and white...now she plays with tigger yes plays with..lol..tigger rolls on her back and rosze will gentle nib her belly..lol..then give her a wash so they get on fine

but when it comes to the other 2 cats thats a different story sooty she is the eldest cat will not tolerate anything from rosze and has more or less everyday given her a slap across the face (we watch incase she catches her eyes) and dipsy just runs away wich then starts a mad chase round the house with me screaming after them NOOOOOOOO STOPP ITTTT...LOL... nearly 3 weeks i think we have had rosze..lol..

so i think if your cat will sit still long enough for your dog to have a good ol sniff and see the cat is nothing to get excited over he may leave her alone..lol..

sooty and dipsy will have nothing to do with rosze so she hasnt really had a chance to get to know them were as tigger is such a soft cat she lets rosze do almost anything to her..lol..

hopefully given time eventually they will all get on infact they got no chance really they HAVE to get on...lol..

forgot to mention tigger tries to take roszes food from her bowl aswell..lol..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts