Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A woman brought a very limp spaniel into the vets. As she laid her out onto the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened intently. After a moment or two, he shook his head sadly and said "I'm sorry, but he's passed away." :cry:

The distressed owner wailed disconsolately and asked "Are you sure? I mean you have not done any tests on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something." :roll:

The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room returning a few moments later with a beautiful black Labrador . As the Spaniels' owner looked on in amazement the dog stood on it's hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead dog from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet, shook it's head and barked. The vet fussed the Labrador , took it out, and returned with a cat.

The cat jumped up onto the table, sniffed the Spaniel from top to toe, shook it's head and meowed. The vet lifted it off the table and took it out of the room.

When the vet returned he looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but like I said, your spaniel is dead."

He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys, produced a bill and handed it to the woman.

Still puzzled, the Spaniel's owner took the bill and exclaimed "£175! Just to tell me that my dogs dead? That's ridiculous!" :evil:

The vet shrugged and said "If you'd have taken my word for it, the bill would have only been £20,

but ...............what with the Lab report and the Cat Scan ........." :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts