Labradors Forums banner

Jim, Harvey and Dylan

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jim 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is me intro for Jim (me), Harvey and Dylan.

We all live in Harrow, North West London.

I have had Harvey since he was 11 weeks old. He is now 5 years old. He is quite large (35kg) and very lazy. If it is raining or windy or very cold he would prefer to curl up on the sofa rather than go walkies. He will stand at the end of the garden path and watch me walking away - You think I'm walking in this weather.

I have had Dylan since he was 1.5 years old. He is now 6. It took him a long time before he would trust Harvey (I think he must have been attacked when he was young). Now the two are inseperable. Dylan is very excited about everything - walkies, dinner, chasing balls, sleeping, watching the grass grow etc etc.

Unfortunately both dogs are showing signs of arthiritis. Not much at the moment but I have to watch the amount of vigerous exercise thay get as well as lifting them out of the car (I do still let them jump in - don't think that is quite so 'impactive').

So, thats us.

See less See more
#3 ·
Earlier this year, so at 5 and 6 years old. At the moment it is very slight. Both dogs are on Cosequin (sp?) and Dylan is showing no signs at all at the moment. Harvey has been limping a bit over the last week but with reduced walks this seems to have gone away. He got his first hour long walk for a long time yesterday evening.

Harvey seems to be much more susceptible than Dylan (Harvey is also the larger dog, coincidence ?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.