Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers

I have 4 labs, as you will probably know by now.. :) , best thing that ever happened, I think... :)

Does any one ealse suffer from attention difficiency, if they own more t
t han one lab..... :) Because mine certainly do...

I can pay, say, Ellie some attention, and then Coral wil come and bulldoze her way in as if to say, Well if she's getting the attention, then so should I.... she should have a new nickname quite honestly... C A T, big, yellow, and rather pushy, or bulldozer. :lol: oh yes and the tail, thats a different story, :roll:

I have never known a dog quite like mine for wagging the tail, it never seems to stop, so annoying at times,... :) You can be sitting down, the next minute coral turns away, and you get whipped in the face by,... Yes... you guessed it...... her tail :roll:

I would like to hear comments from other people on the same subject, please.... 8) :)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi Brighteye

I have the 3 girls and i know what you mean about jealousy.Kassie the eldest pushes the other two away from me at every oppurtunity, I do give her the position of top dog, feeding her first ,collar on first ect.

When i show attention to the others if she's not pushing her way in she will wag her tail "we call her thumpy tail" as she does this even if she is lying or sitting the noise this makes can be very annoying.

What really puzzels me as when i have any of the pups that I have bred back for holidays, Kassie is the one that snuggles up them at night.

I call Kassie " jealous Kate " we just have to live with these strange traits that they seem to have.

Margaret

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi brighteye :p

i have 2 female labs and yep you cant stroke one wht out the other comin on over aswell..lol..brandys tail is like a whip at times and her whole body wags along with it..lol.

if i mangae to get rosze on her own and have a good ol hug of her then it her tail that alerts brandy something is going on..LOL..so then i have to hug the pair of them which is quite hard at times cause they will not keep still..lol..

i do however haev one to one with each of my 3 dogs by walking them on there own that way they all end up getting the same amount of attention :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a serious jealousy problem with my Sashy, although in a different context as she is the only animal in the house (with the exception of my other half) ;)

After the split from my ex, I spent over 2 years on my own with Sashy - we were totally exclusive to one another...

Within 12 months, she had started this awful habit of mounting my leg, but only when my attention was not on her i.e. when i was talking to someone in the street etc. It wasn't only embarrasing, but it really hurt as she used to dig her dew claws in too.

It even carried on when i met Gareth, until we decided enough was enough. We started shutting her in the conservatory for 5 minutes each and every time she went for my leg, and finally with much effort, she no longer does it. She thinks about it we think, but she doesnt.

Anyone else had something similar?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi brighteye....

Despite frodo being the only labbie i have i've noticed he's over possesive...

last week we meet a labbie few months older then him, they both played well....But the problem arised when me and frodo's trainer started petting his new buddy and offered him some treats... and suddenly my boy runs away from us and hide below a bench...he just refused to come out...My boy was completely Hurt....he only came out when the other labbie went away :? .....

And in our house No one can hug any one !!!!!! Frodo has to be a part ....lolz...he jumps at us if any of hug lolz.... Jealous lolz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts