Labradors Forums banner

It's here - The furmintor :)

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  lyndseyandalfie 
#1 ·
So it has arrived - though I had to pay postage as they hadn't bothered :x anyways...

I manged to groom a very wriggly Mac for about 5mins. I was impressed at the amount coming off - as Mac hasn't the thickest of coats.

It's definitely the real thing and works a treat too :D

G
#7 ·
And its amazing what comes off your feet with a ped egg too!!

With everyone's recommendations we have ordered a furminator from ebay, got ours for just over £5 including postage. Marley doesnt quite need it yet, it is for our 10 year old family choc lab whose coat looks terrible!

G
#9 ·
Marley doesnt quite need it yet,
If he is anything like his sister, it won't be long before he does. :wink:

I went over Mojo the other day and got about half a carrier bag of fur off her and then I thought I'd give Pickle a quick go, just to get her used to it. I was amazed at what came off in just a couple of swipes 8O :lol: .

Love the look of that Ped Egg thingy.....Do they REALLY work? I've seen them in Tescos but thought they were probably just more JML rubbish (didn't they take over from Ronco? :lol: ) but if they work, I'll get one for Dickie, as he has THE most awful feet.

#11 ·
Guess who was the mug that paid around £30 or so quid for hers from the pet shop!! :eek:

But I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or if the Bug's skin is a bit too sensitive for the furminator, since whenever I use it, I seem to flare up a bit of dandruff.. (haven't done so for about 6 weeks now)

His coat is so much better now that we are on the transition from Hills food to Challenge, which is fish based, so perhaps he had poor skin previously - but does anyone else have this issue when using a furminator?

g

G
#14 ·
Well I now know why it's called "Blowing" their coat, as I Furminated Mojo this morning and the fur is still Blowing round my garden this afternoon :lol:. She is in major moult mode at the moment, so even though I went over her three days ago, I got enough off her to make a whole new Labrador this morning 8O. I don't know what I'd do without the thing now and I've no idea why she isn't bald.

whenever I use it, I seem to flare up a bit of dandruff..
Gary, quite often when they are moulting, they can go a bit flakey, which of course really shows up on a black dog. After I've gone over Mojo, occasionally she will look a little dandruffy but this is just because I've bought it all up to the surface. After a day or so it all goes away.

The other thing which can make them dandruffy is stress. My last Guide Dog pup used to produce dandruff at the drop of a hat if we were doing anything which required all her concentration, or something new and different.

#16 ·
I want one of these too. Just stroking Coco brings out loads of undercoat hairs and a normal grooming brush just doesn't seem to do much good.

I know that a lot of people feel that Furminators are a bit harsh but I think we need something a bit better than a normal brush.

Is medium or large best for a Lab?

#17 ·
WE ARE FULLY SIGNED AND PAID UP MEMBERS OF THE FURMINATOR FAN CLUB!!

I don't think they are at all harsh unless someone presses down as they run it over the dog. You don't need to use pressure just let it glide through the coat.

I bought ours just as it got really hot and a second labrador amount of fur later, Luna looked far cooler and happier. She rolled around like she was having a massage!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.