Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Hope you're all well 馃槂

Twig is now 10 weeks old and is into everything. We have toys for him to chew but he's taken a liking to plastic plant pots in the garden. This may sound like a daft question but is it ok to let him chew things like this. I've seen footage of pups playing with plastic cola/lemonade bottles.

I don't want to prevent him being a 'pup' but I'm also concerned about things damaging him. I've seen articles that show puppies who need operations because they've eaten gravel and stones and I don't want the same thing to happen. Am I being paranoid? It just seems such a minefield 馃槦馃槦

Premium Member
I鈥檝e let my lot play and chew with plastic...bottles, old plant pots. These things tend to be a lot smaller in volume and light when chewed up so if they do swallow it鈥檚 likely to pass through. They tend to just destroy rather than swallow though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I鈥檝e let my lot play and chew with plastic...bottles, old plant pots. These things tend to be a lot smaller in volume and light when chewed up so if they do swallow it鈥檚 likely to pass through. They tend to just destroy rather than swallow though.
Thank you so much. I think some of the attraction for him is the noise too. He likes chewing twigs and again I haven't noticed him swallowing, just chewing them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts