Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post for my first lab, Pip who is about 16 months old.

She is a black bitch and around August began itching. She seems particularly itchy on her underside and her hair is thinning on her back legs and chest. Had her to the vets and tried AB's, AH's, shampoos etc but can't seem to get on top of it. I have moved her onto a raw diet and with the next delivery cutting out beef too.

I'm giving her a CLO tablet 3x a week. Should I try Eve Prim too?

Where is it best to get ACV?

Apologies for all the abbreviations

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Hi,

Your dog's situation sounds very similar to my girls, she has itchy areas on her chest and has hairloss too. Can I suggest that you ask your vet to have allergy testing carried out via a blood test. It is expensive though, ours was £300, but will work out cheaper in long run than keep going back to the vets.
My girl is allergic to many different foods, mainly grain but also beef, which we can deal with and obviously a RAW diet will be good for your girl if that s the case too, as long as it isn't something like chicken that is causing the problem!

Ruby is also allergic to dust, house and storage mites which are more difficult to deal with! However since knowing this I just have to do what I can to keep these down.

She isn't symptom free 100% of the time but I think unless we lived in a completely sterile environment this would be unlikely anyway!

I also treat her with homeopathic remedies which have be tailored to her allergies.

Hope this helps.

Chloe

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Welcome chimera! :hello2:

I hope you get Pip's itchy problem sorted soon.

rubyrubyruby - dust mites I know about as I am allergic to them. I damp dust every day and have anti-allergy bedding but I also have one of these which really helps in the bedroom, I used to wake up coughing every night - no more! Maybe one would help if plugged in in the room where Ruby sleeps?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allergy-Controller-848A-AllerMC-allergies/dp/B004KSBN86/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1388304613&sr=1-12&keywords=dust+mite

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to laugh, I looked at the threads, she has exercise froth, cold tail on Christmas Day and scratchy skin.

My daughter has asthma so one of those plugins looks good. Does the noise upset dogs?

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
chimera said:
I have to laugh, I looked at the threads, she has exercise froth, cold tail on Christmas Day and scratchy skin.

My daughter has asthma so one of those plugins looks good. Does the noise upset dogs?

Peter
It says not - but I have mine upstairs where the dog isn't allowed, so I couldn't be sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worth a try at that price, ordered some Yumega too.

I've had a number of breeds in for gundog training but all HPR and spaniels. My brother commented that a black lab was "vanilla" but I wish I had always owned one. She communicates better than my children. I expect I'm probably preaching to the converted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts