Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have had Lola home for just over a week now and have noticed that over the past couple of days she keeps clawing at her eyes. This happens maybe 5 times per day. There have been some little white blobs - really small like a stud earring size - on her face at the corner of her eyes. I've been wiping these away with tissue but they keep coming back. Could this be an infection? We're booked into the vet on Friday for her injections anyway, so I'm not sure whether to leave it til then and see how it goes. She's fine otherwise - eating, playing, sleeping as normal.

Any advice/ideas on what this could be? And does it warrant a trip to the vet before Friday?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
My pups eyes were like that too when she was little. Maybe try bathing them in a mild salt solution.... just a little warm water with a splodge of table salt dissolved in it. Use different tissue/cotton wool for each eye.

It might just be a wee allergy, with lots of pollen floating around at mo.

Vet'll maybe give you eye drops when you go in.

My dog is 15 months now and her eyes are still like this from time to time, think some dogs are maybe just prone to it more than others.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I use something called Golden Eye drops, available from the chemist, with my two when they get itchy eyes. I know other people use optrex, both are good, for clearing up mild infections, and I find drops much easier to use than the ointment the vets prescribe, where you have to get it along the eyelid.

Also good, at this time of year when there's a lot of pollen about, are used tea bags.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for the advice.

I'm not a tea person so don't have any tea bags in the house but I'll definitely try the warm water and salt on some cotton wool. Failing that, there's a chemist just down the road so can get some eye drops.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts