Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....at least that's what poor Smudgey keeps telling me!

Shouldn't grumble about the lovely weather we're having now as it's great to see the sun, but poor Smudgey is wandering around all lethargic! He doesn't seem to know what to do with himself! He just keeps flaking out.

Temperature registered here at 31˚C at 6.30pm last night so it's the hottest he's ever been bless him!

Am keeping the water bowl topped up and seriously considering getting him a paddling pool this afternoon!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi nicola....

I know its such :( pity to see them suffer in the heat.... temp out here are 36 C....Its hot the whole day.... My poor boy has even got heat boils on his inner thighs....

Paddling pool wud be a great idea... I keep the aircon on for frodo no place for paddling pool in apartments.....

I got a great idea from John ....place cold towels this wud take the heat off...i'm gonna try it.... Its gonna hot here till mid next month....

I know the shedding :? no rescue....

Good luck nicola

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi nic

yes my brandy suffers the most in the heat because of her colour she is black also so i just make sure i hose her down regualry to keep her cool and make sure there is shade also good idea get a couple of bags of ice cubes and place them under a blanket for her to lie on..LOL.. soon cool her down..lol.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Vidhya and Clair

Thanks for those great tips - Smudge is currently lying on the cool kitchen floor - good job we had to take those carpet tiles up that he chewed really! Perhaps he was just preparing the kitchen floor for these warmer months?!

Poor Frodo Vidhya, I read that tip from John and it sounds like a great idea!

Stay as cool as you can Labbie Lovers!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
yeah i also find we cant move in our hall as we have laminate flooring and it must be cool for the dogs to sprawl on..lol..so all 3 dogs spread themselves out on there..lol..

they need there own personal fans somehow attached to the collars..lol..then again they might chew em off..LOL..

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Dylan likes the cold kitchen floor too,but also loves the hosepipe,runs amock in the garden with it in his mouth and keeps lovelly and cool,

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Nicola.... Right now we are chilling aircon's on....Johns tip is fabulous i'm trying it for sure :D .....I even give frodo chilled water to drink he loves it.... :D ...Did you get the paddling pool....

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Lucky you Nicola - it was only 14 degs here yesterday and raining :lol: Wet again today and about the same temp... heatwave is a bit slow in reaching Scotland :D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys

Well, have just been out and got him a cheapy paddling pool from Asda - should do the job nicely! Just got to get it all set up but may do tomorrow now as the afternoon is nearly over.

Sorry to hear about your weather Karen - at least Corbie will be nice and cool!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Well, 34 degrees here and it feel like a storm brewing it's so hot and humid. Coco was brillaint at agility this morning despite the heat. The swimming pool is still under wraps still (waiting for a security fence to be fitted) but she has discovered a mud pool and has just come in dripping in mud from head to toe where she has been rolling in it! Mucky mutt!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Nicola - I bought one of those paddling pools from Asda a couple of weeks ago (he's got a purple one!) after we had a hot weekend and the lady at the checkout laughed when I said it was for my dog :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
You labs seem to have more sense than Corrie !!! When its hot he lies in the sun and gets even hotter.

Paddling pool - never had one for Corrie but sounds like a great idea - he isn't too old to have one :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Blew up Corbie's paddling pool today, he kept pulling open the plug and it lasted about 30 mins - he dragged it along the patio and burst it :lol: Will be buying one of those solid plastic ones now (good job it only cost me a couple of pounds!)

Before...

After...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol Karen! Now, I am sure you have read this, but allow me to remind Corrie of Point 3 from the Asda Assembly Instructions:-

3. Spread the pool out over the ground but do not drag across the surface as this may cause a puncture in the base material.

Guess they weren't accounting for labs eh?! lol!

Haven't got ours out yet, but am sure it may suffer a similar fate with Mr Destruction as he is at the mo! Latest victims being one of those solar powered lights that you put in the ground, and Chris' precious Hebe plant that followed us from his parents home, to our next, and now to this one. It's been, how can I put this, pruned?!!!!

All the best,
Nic
X

PS. Sam - no one is EVER too old for a paddling pool! ;)

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
No didn't read the instructions - neither did Corbie :lol: (although,
the base is about the only part still intact :lol: )

What colour has Smudge got? You'll have to post some photos of him in his pool :wink:

Corbie's been 'pruning' my nice red Japanese maple tree that I've got in a pot in the back garden...grrrr :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Karen

He's got a multi coloured snapset thing - will be sure to try and get a piccie before he destroys it!

As for the pruning, think sadly our labs might be to gardening what I am to cooking.....

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Nicola....Lovely you got a paddling pool yes plz do post some pics....

Karen...I'm still laughing reading about corries antics with the ex-pool.... :wink: ...Juts loved the pic....the afer pic suggested that he wanted to rip it into pieces :twisted: hehehehe....

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
frodosmom said:
Karen...I'm still laughing reading about corries antics with the ex-pool.... :wink: ...Juts loved the pic....the afer pic suggested that he wanted to rip it into pieces :twisted: hehehehe....
I think Corbie did want to shred it, so I managed to wrestle it off of him before he could :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts