Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd put this one back in the forum!

So, who else has a Womble for a labrador? Corbie (aka Orinoco, because he snores just like him) will pick up any rubbish it seems, carry it for a while before throwing it back down onto the ground :oops:

The worst bit is trying to get dirty tissue or old manky banana skins out of his mouth that he's decided to pick up - I did manage to pull him away quick enough before he picked up a can of Special Brew :lol:

So, hands up who has also got a Womble! :wink:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hi,

Bailey is a bit of a womble.......

He loves his sticks to carry and crisp packets and leaves!! The problem with the later two is they normally require chasing first :eek:

He carried a three foot long branch home the other day and was quite annoyed when i told him to leave it outside :wink:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Dylan is a huge womble,trees,sticks bottles,people's plants from their gardens ,anything goes for my monster.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A womble - never thought of that description but now i think about definitely.

Holly already has a thing for tissues - from anywhere. It falls out your pocket she's there, then will merrily chew it and shred it to pieces :roll:

Yoghurt pots too - whatever the variety she's not fussy!! Although does seem to share hubby's liking for Muller corners.

Shelley

S

·
0 Posts
Corrie is a bit of a womble too when out walking...

Sticks being his favourite things to pick up and carry home, normally end up with a collection of them in the boot of the car.

If I am pruning shrubs in the garden, Corrie loves to pick up bits and scatter them all over the garden and sometimes even takes them in the house!

Corrie has a thing about tissues too like Holly - he loves to eat them if he can get his paws on them.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi karen,,,,

We are joining the womble club....

All "Prohibited" stuff here....stones, sticks, used bottles

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol rosze and brandy are true wombles...
bottles/sticks/shoes/seaweed..lol/stones/lollypops (which i hate have to ge tthem off them quick) to name but a few..lol..

hoover comes to mind..lol

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

Yep, Smudge would like to join the Womble brigade!

He loves kitchen roll and have to make sure there is next to nothing hanging around anymore! Keeps me nice and tidy!

As for walks......I dread to think what he will pick up! Thankfully he's been fairly generic (;)) so far with his sticks and stones!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nicola - Corbie also loves kitchen roll, and will pinch it at every opportunity... he's also started to go into my trouser pockets and get my tissues out :lol:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Hi my 3 are all wombles especially kitchen roll. "Do you think it could be because they see that much of it when they are pups? " :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can we join the womble club too please!

Although willow and bonnie both add to their collections daily, willow has decided she would rather like to keep her "finds" and hides them in her bed!!! These, like others mentioned here include keys, remote controls, mobile phones, skrewdrivers and drinking glasses (in one piece).

At least we know where to look to find anthing that might have gone missing

·
Registered
353 Posts
Scooby is definitely a Womble and picks up all manner of items.

A couple of weeks ago it was sock (!?) that he found by the riverbank. I didn't want to touch it so was just telling him to leave it. After a couple of minutes he did. But we seem to come across this sock evertime we go for a walk here.

He also picked up an empty coke bottle and dropped it further up the road -I hope the people in the village don't think that we are the litterbugs!

On our land, he is always picking up sticks and branches. I try to hide them when he isn't looking but he always find them and runs around with a smile on his face as if to say 'ha ha, you can't fool me that easily!'

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thrupence wrote :Do you think it could be because they see that much of it when they are pups? "

Know just what you mean there, was so glad to see Tesco had an offer on bounty kitchen roll today - is costing me a forturne :lol:

Anyway Lucca would too love to join the womble brigade stones, leaves and newspaper seem to be his thing :wink: oh yes and milk cartons that have yet to be un-packed from shopping - needless to say they now incorporate a lovely fountain effect from little teeth holes :)

Sarah
x

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome new Wombles :wink:

Corbie found a headscarf on his walk the other day and was happily trotting along with it. He dropped it carried on and then ran back for it :lol: He did leave it eventually, but had another go the next day!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Freddie would like to join this club too!!! Will pick absolutely anything up (as those of you who have read my panicking notes about him chewing away at a dead rat will know!!!)......
he loves paper, sticks, flowers.....anything!!

Tracey

1 - 20 of 40 Posts