Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignore the snarl haha the only way I can get a picture of his nashers is to hold his toy in front! Hes not evil honestly!

Is this normal for his big teeth to grow while his baby teeth are still in?

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Yes, quite normal. The canines are always the last to drop. How old is he now? It can be removed if it hangs on too long, but normally they are gone by 6 months or just after.

Regards, John

C

·
0 Posts
Willow is 7 months old and her puppy canines fell out just last week :)

The vet said if she still had them whenshe was spayed he would sort them out then, but they have gone on their own.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
When/if you find a puppy tooth you could be forgiven for thinking they have no root and are simply pushed off by the adult teeth growing through. But in fact this is not so. Puppy teeth are firmly rooted in place, and at a certain age the root atrophies allowing the tooth to drop off.

If you think about the beauty of the "Master Plan" in the wild dogs are to a large extent carnivores and if all teeth fell out at the same time many puppies would literally starve to death being unable to tear the meat off the bone. But nature has it's way of dealing with this little problem! Simple when you think about it! :D

Regards, John

·
Registered
478 Posts
Humphrey still has this on a bottom canine and one of his top baby canines is still half there. He's 6 and a half months old.

I'll try and post a pic of his later so you can see, but from what I'm told, it's completely normal :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts