Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, some time ago I adopted her from the shelter. I guess seeing Dudley labradors makes me think she might be a purebred but I am not sure. Most people who have experience with the breed agree that she looks like a dudley, others say she’s a mutt. As far as I’m aware of dog genetics I think it’s very rare for a mutt to have this type of pigmentation¿
In our region the most common breeds are shepherds and huskies, and the dogs of unidentified breeds are mostly dark coloured. So I am curious to read your opinions, please feel free to post your thoughts!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a dudley, She has pigmentation and a dudley has none. I'd guess she has quite a bit of the chocolate gene in her. She is very similar to my old Beth who was out of a chocolate mated to a yellow. See her photo below. As to if she is pure bred, thats impossible to say, but certainly I'd say she has a lot of Labrador in her.

View attachment 26976
Thank you for replying. Could you clarify what exactly is pigmentation, I guess I am a bit confused. Do these dogs not have pigmentation? Are they dudleys?
Dog Collar Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Ear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts