Labradors Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I will start by saying this makes no difference to me, I love my baby girl just the way she is. I am just curious.

A few people (including my partner) have commented that Missy doesn't look like a standard Labrador.

Her coloration is much darker.
Her nose is longer and thinner.
Her haunches are the same height as her shoulders.

I wonder if maybe she has a little golden retriever in her.

These are her parents...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
She looks like a Labrador to me.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
234 Posts
Her coat is the perfect replica of my 9mo Baymax and I find it really gorgeous. Same lighter shades behind the shoulders :) He's registered and sure looks like a very beautiful lab to me :) What age is she? My Baymax head (he's a male) is widening now at 9 months, before it was slenderer (if that's a word).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her coat is the perfect replica of my 9mo Baymax and I find it really gorgeous. Same lighter shades behind the shoulders :) He's registered and sure looks like a very beautiful lab to me :) What age is she? My Baymax head (he's a male) is widening now at 9 months, before it was slenderer (if that's a word).
She is only about 15 weeks old

·
Registered
13 Posts
We are on our second fox red lab, and the number of people who dont think they are labs purely because of the colour is really surprising. Even other labrador owners dont realise our dogs are labs sometimes. Your pup looks exactly like ours and 100% lab to me!

·
Administrator
21,664 Posts
We are on our second fox red lab, and the number of people who dont think they are labs purely because of the colour is really surprising.
I'm afraid there is quite a bit of "Fashion" involved with dogs colouring. Fox red is simply a shade of yellow, the breed standard reading, "Yellow, ranging from light cream to red fox." In the days of my youth the deeper shades tended to be more the norm and light yellow Labradors very thin on the ground. These days there appears to be very few fox reds in the show ring, though there are many more on the working side. Interestingly the same thing happened in Golden Retrievers with the lovely deep golden dogs almost non existent in the show ring. Such a pity because the deep golden Golden Retrievers really were some beautiful dogs.

My old Amy, sadly no longer around, was my fox red. She was around 2.5 years old at that time, out working in the field with me. (Rather muddy in the second photo!!)

Dog Carnivore Companion dog Fawn Liver

Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Tree

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm afraid there is quite a bit of "Fashion" involved with dogs colouring. Fox red is simply a shade of yellow, the breed standard reading, "Yellow, ranging from light cream to red fox." In the days of my youth the deeper shades tended to be more the norm and light yellow Labradors very thin on the ground. These days there appears to be very few fox reds in the show ring, though there are many more on the working side. Interestingly the same thing happened in Golden Retrievers with the lovely deep golden dogs almost non existent in the show ring. Such a pity because the deep golden Golden Retrievers really were some beautiful dogs.

My old Amy, sadly no longer around, was my fox red. She was around 2.5 years old at that time, out working in the field with me. (Rather muddy in the second photo!!)

View attachment 26934

View attachment 26935
I'm aware the Fox red is just the deeper end of the yellow scale if you like, but I really love that colour - I love the mix of yellow top coat with the fluffy white underneath. And wow what a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
234 Posts
I've never tasted a pheasant. Was told it's a rather unique experience.

Back to coat colours :) Around my place there are a couple of almost white Labs and that hue I'm not too fond of.

·
Administrator
21,664 Posts
I've never tasted a pheasant. Was told it's a rather unique experience.
You have to be careful cooking Pheasant or it can be rather dry. As to taste it's stronger than chicken, but not as strong as turkey. I like to take the breasts off, (There is not much other meat on them.) season with garlic salt, coat in egg and dip into a mix of breadcrumbs with a little thyme and parsley then lightly fry on both sides, and serve with salad.

·
Administrator
21,664 Posts
Around my place there are a couple of almost white Labs and that hue I'm not too fond of.
My first was very light, she was my Obedience dog. I dont think she was ever out of the awards!

Here with her first cup. She was around 18 months old, and I still had hair!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Gesture Happy

And with my sister's youngest boy. (Taken in 1973)

Dog Plant Sky Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
234 Posts
You have to be careful cooking Pheasant or it can be rather dry. As to taste it's stronger than chicken, but not as strong as turkey. I like to take the breasts off, (There is not much other meat on them.) season with garlic salt, coat in egg and dip into a mix of breadcrumbs with a little thyme and parsley then lightly fry on both sides, and serve with salad.
Ok here's the plan. Rome to London by car is approximately 1800 kilometers. Midway you'll find Pont d'Ain in France. You drive with your pheasant and paraphernalia and I do the same with my special ingredients and cookware, meet there, I'll cook my best spaghetti, you take care of the pheasant and for wine we're in the right place to buy locally. Will half past noon tomorrow be good for you?

:)

·
Administrator
21,664 Posts
Ok here's the plan. Rome to London by car is approximately 1800 kilometers. Midway you'll find Pont d'Ain in France. You drive with your pheasant and paraphernalia and I do the same with my special ingredients and cookware, meet there, I'll cook my best spaghetti, you take care of the pheasant and for wine we're in the right place to buy locally. Will half past noon tomorrow be good for you?
It's a plan! See you there. 😁

1 - 19 of 19 Posts