Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I would just like to ask if giving your dog sardines now and again is ok? I was told by a friend that they are ok to give them now and again????

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
It's absolutely fine, mine get them in either oil or tomato sauce. They also get tuna, as long as it isn't in brine (which is too salty) it's a tasty addition to their diet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
There's loads of information on this site about feeding dogs sardines. My bunch get sardines every day, well apart from today because its venison day. :D

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
The fish oil in them is great, particulaly for their coats and joints! I prefer Pilchards because they are bigger. Mine have all enjoyed Pilchards in Tomato Sauce for Sunday lunch for very many years. :)

Regards, John

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yep i give mac Pilchards in Tom sauce once or twice a month as a meal mixed with his muesli, he love them too. Great for there coat and skin too xxx

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Heck yes!! In fact I would say essensial!! Ruby has Pilchards in tomato sauce once or twice per week. The oily fish is very good for them. :wink:

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Absolutely fine, your labs will love em! Mine get sardines and pilchards in tomato sauce twice a week.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Another sardine feeder here :)

Though I may just well swap to pilchards if there cheaper - have to say I have noticed them in the supermarket yet :?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Must say this is only a recent discovery of mine as well! Hudson now gets tuna, sardines or mackeral several times a week. Don't go for Sainsbury's basics range - it's all in brine which is a shame as tins are so cheap.

A few months ago he developed a dry, bald patch on an elbow and since swimming in the sea and having fish regularly it's now just a slight bald patch - the skin is lovely and soft. All I need now is to remember to apply some Megatek shampoo to help the hair grow back.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much do you give them? Annie loves them too but I only give her one or two sardines and they don't touch the sides!!! I always mix in with her kibble.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts