Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is now 7 and a half months and about 18.6kg so still quite small. Have kept her on puppy food longer because of her size , she is growing just very slowly. Was wondering though if now would be a good time to switch to two meals and start moving her on to adult food. She is on Gelert Holistic Salmon and Rice and has done really well on it her coat is in fantastic condition. They do an adult version so the switch is very straight forward.
Also did you just cut out the lunch meal and give a bonio (that's what Oscar has) or reduce down? For the life of me I can't remember what we did with Oscar.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I kept jed on 3 meals a day until he was about ten months and then switched to a kong at lunch. So no requirement to cut down necessarily. I kept him on three as had trouble keeping weight on him as he used to bounce it off so quickly. 3 meals suited his digestion

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Yes, we just dropped the midday meal and dished out a Bonio.

They hardly seemed to notice, ours get half rations at breakfast and half at tea. :)

Now should be ok to swap to adult stuff I reckon.

C

·
0 Posts
at 6 months I started cutting Willows lunch (adding what I took out to her breakfast and dinner) then after about day 4 into cutting down lunch I lost track of time and realised it was 3pm... so I just skipped the lunch. She never looked for it!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I've reduced the lunchtime meal down over a week or two rather than just suddenly taking it away. Though mine get fed two main meals and at least a bit of supper, plus treats during the day. They don't complain! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts