Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.30am dylan was crying,i get up and asks him if he wants a piddle, no he didn't want a piddle,i noticed his fleecy blankets on the floor by the bed were all crumpled up,so i straighten them out,next thing he's back on his blankets snoring away,seems he just wanted a tidy up,Lynne,

G

·
Lynne

Dylan sounds like a darling, I love reading about his adventures. If you ever have to go away on hols without him be sure to drop him at my house he'd brighten my day for sure.

Michaela

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi lynne,
of course he's spoilt :lol: thats why he loves you soooo much. :lilangel: i got woken up at 4am with a pair of paws in my back 8O max had managed to sneak under the duvet without waking me up but then must have thought i was taking up too much room :lol: as soon as i turned over he stuck his head into my neck and fell asleep :D bless him.

jane and max.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Lynne,

Dylan does sound lovely - i too love hearing all about him.

Just wanted to say that Bradley sometimes wakes up and will give a little cry, usually about 6am. (He did this morning funnily enough) We know it's not because he needs the loo, as he can now last between 8-9 hours through the night, and we have discovered that all he wants is reassurance that we are there.

All we do is stretch one arm out of the bed, he then gives our hand a very quick lick, and straight away falls asleep again.

I think sometimes they just like to know we are still there, they really are like children aren't they - bless.

Bye for now

Julie

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Lynne,

Ben likes to get up in the morning around 6am, He jumps on the bed and lays right across me, I wouldn't mind but he is really heavy! One day there will be an imprint in the mattress with a few paw marks either side! :lol: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michaela,thanks for the offer but reading about dyl and being at the other end of his antics are completly different,for instance i am sitting here now with no zip in my trousers,shouldnt have taken them out of the wardrobe untill i needed to put them on,his charachter is amazing considering what he has been through,he really is adoradle but also a monster at times and very hard work,but we are getting there,the younger kids think his name is really dylan the villain,i love him to bits and cant imagine life without him,so let me know if you are anywhere near york as next time i go visiting my daughter i will drop him off for a few hours,take care,lynne,

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi jane,love the kennel,you are lucky you got a head in the neck,i am never that lucky, i get the bum in the face,Lynne.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi julie,glad you like hearing about him, sometimes i wonder if i bore people with him,yes you are right they just like to know where we are and it works both ways as if i cant hear him breathing i panick like mad,you are lucky bradley goes that long at night , dylan still wakes up about 5am,and now it's lighter in the morning he wants to get up too,take care,Lynne,

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cristina,one day when he's bigger no one will be able to see you under ben,beleive me he'll get heavier,Lynne,

G

·
Hi Lynne

I understand the trousers Lynne, I suffered with missing buttons for years! I live in Stamford Bridge about 10 miles from York so honestly pop him over and I'll doggie sit Dylan the villan if ever you want to go and do some shopping with your daughter at those terrible shops that don't allow dogs inside, shocking discrimination that is.

Michaela

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right about those shops in york,terrible place to shop they wont even allow dylan into thomas the bakers i am gutted at that,Lynne,

G

·
Lynne

I can see Dylan now with his nose pressed up against the glass at Betty's my lab Ollie used to do this all the time watching people eat cakes through the glass drooling at them! Ollie's favourite spot in York was a walk down the river Ouse to the King George pub sitting outside on the benches with what Ollie considered to be fans swooning over him.
You'll have to let me know the next time you come over and I can meet you and this beast of yours, I'm sure he's lovely really and you know you love him to bits.

Michaela

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michaela,thats great we could meet in town or even somewhere in between now the weather's getting warmer for the dogs,Lynne.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
branwen..
well i would says our dogs are definatly spoilt as i have straighted there blankets out many times and if when i get to bed and they dont look comfy i make them comfy..lol..then when hubby goes to work about 6am they both jump on the bed with me and go back to sleep with there heads on the pillows and if its chilly i will put the sleeping bag over them :oops: :oops: ...lol..

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clair,for some strange reason if dylan gets on the bed he will get under the quilt at the bottom of the bed,maybe he's fussy what he looks at first thing in the morning,lynne.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

6am seems a popular time for our labs! lol! Smudgey alternates between his bed on Chris' side and a folded up duvet on my side (it was going spare - we had to get a king size one just to account for when Smudge jumps up and nicks some of it!).

Anyhoo, at about 6am, I hear this little whine and it's Smudge wanting me to lift him up onto the bed (not easy when he weighs over 4 stone and I'm still half asleep!) for the last hour or so until we get up - he wants his morning cuddle!

All the best,
Nicola.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts