Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time Pip had a season, during July, she was losing loads of hair. I presumed it was just the summer moult.

She has started dripping blood so is coming in season again. I've been struggling with her having an itchy coat and am giving her Yumega oil. She has seemed less itchy.

But...her coat is dropping again. Not little bits, if you pull a clump between finger and thumb gently then about 20 hairs will come out very easily.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very normal for a average coat shed. Most bitches are in full coat when in season as they need to look their best to attract a mate... But central heating, hormones and all sorts can play with nature, and although being in full bloom usually coincides with a season, its not unusual for them to have a heavy shed too.
di

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diana said:
Very normal for a average coat shed. Most bitches are in full coat when in season as they need to look their best to attract a mate... But central heating, hormones and all sorts can play with nature, and although being in full bloom usually coincides with a season, its not unusual for them to have a heavy shed too.
di
Hi Diana,

She has gone from hardly dropping a hair 2 days ago to full on "if I keep this up I might go bald anytime soon" dropping. She is indoors but its a radical change

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Millie used to start a moult about a month before her season and would be almost bald before her new one kicked in. Lexi starts moulting much closer to her season and hers is coming out in handfuls now - only 3 days after I noticed her losing any hair at all. Sounds normal to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts