Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone invovled in rescue, ever bought a pup from a breeder. Since i have been invovled in rescue all my furbabies have been rescue dogs, but when we get round to getting our yellow little boy i want it to be a pup from a breeder.

I feel so guilty about it, but after Puds and Baxter i would like a clean slate so to speak and be able to pick a pup on his merits.
AGRR even as i type i feel like i am letting down all the poor dogs in rescue.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yes, plenty have - myself included.

There is absolutely no reason to feel guilty. You do a huge amount for rescue - in no way are you letting the dogs in rescue down.

The type of puppy you want to own yourself is a completely separate issue and should be your choice entirely. :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Den

You and Phil have opened up your hearts and your home to so many dogs, without you who knows what would have happened to them :?

You have every to choose the yellow pup YOU want, I can see not one person who would ever call you selfish

Good luck in your search and stop worrying, you deserve this puppy and I am so happy for you :D

Hugs to you

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
ohhhhh awwwwwww hugs n kisses to Den n Phil..... you truly deserve a puppy that meets your absolute requirements.... :D :D :D

after the heartache your have been thru.....go girl........xxxxxxxx

you know where I am......hugs......xxxxxxx

·
Registered
855 Posts
I know what you mean though :) i felt like this when we got our new pup, i felt so guilty, knowing there are so many poor souls waiting for homes.
You have done sooo much for rescue, :) i really wish you all the best, and good luck with your new yellow lab and enjoy you deserve it. :)

?

·
0 Posts
Awww Den I don't think you should think of it like that at all. I mean that is like saying I won't have any children of my own because there are so many waiting to be Adopted.

If you fancy a pup of your own, there is no way you should feel guilty about it...after all the pup you choose will still need a good home won't it. :wink:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Jules you always hit the nail on the head :D

I dont think there is anything wrong with buying a pup from a breeder if you have always had rescue dogs in the past. You deserve to have what you require and shouldnt feel guilty at all.

Lorraine

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Now listen here young woman....you have absolutely no need to feel guilty whatsoever!!!

If you want a puppy from a good breeder then you damn well do it..

Now no more talk of this, I demand to be the first to know when you have your name on a list and the first to see the puppy photo...GOT IT!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aww thanks all:)

It wont be till the spring, I still have a foster pup and kimba to see to so need some breathing space, but i am on the look out for breeders

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi Den :D Like yourself, until Finn came along, all our dogs have been rescue, I know he isn't a pup but was looking for a home when I had decided I was going to buy a BT puppy from a reputable breeder. I did loads of soul searching before I bit the bullet, going ahead to our non rescue boy, having no regrets.

Enjoy your new puppy Den and Mr Den :D:D:D

·
Registered
908 Posts
I think it would be brilliant if you got yourself a puppy. Someone else (cant remember who it was now sorry!) said exactly what i was going to say- you could be saving a puppy from ending up as a rescue. Not everyone can cope with pups and not everyone cares where they end up if they gave them up. Every dog deserves a loving home- that includes pups too. Dont you dare feel bad LOL!!! You deserve to get your lovely yellow baby- now the hard part will be choosing which one to pick when you find a litter!!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Den

I would go as far to say (remember I am Scottish :wink: ), if I was a breeder I would give you a puppy :D He will be one lucky boy who has you as a mum :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m with the others Den, you have done and still do so much for rescue pups (thinking Holly and Ivy here) and no one is going to slate you for wanting a pup from "scratch" to bring up yours and Phil`s way :)

AND knowing you there will still be fosters/rescues even when you do haqve your yellow boy :lol: , I know the breeders here would be more than happy to help you find a good breeder who will have just the pup your looking for :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
littlelab said:
Many of the rescue reps are breeders, Alison Wildwater is I know, and Di was involved with rescue too :wink:
Sorry Ladies not taking away from what you have done, I would buy from you both :oops: :oops: :oops:

Apologies if any offence caused :( :? 8O

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I think it's entirely your decision Den :flower:

It's something I considered, but decided I couldn't do it, not at this time at least, but I know of several friends who have and I'm sure they'll go onto adopt more rescue dogs in the future too.

I know it's not what you asked, but have you thought of adopting a lab puppy from rescue?

Minnie-Moo came to us from a fab lab rescue at nine weeks and I couldn't have chosen a better pup, she's just wonderful.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Den, you have been an inspiration to many with your fostering and total commitment to all needy animals...Why on earth should you feel guilty about wanting to own a hopefully, healthy, well bred, yellow lab... xxxx

Go for it girl!!

So looking forward to hearing about any new addition.. xx

Hayley x

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Den, you have been an inspiration to many with your fostering and total commitment to all needy animals...Why on earth should you feel guilty about wanting to own a hopefully, healthy, well bred, yellow lab... xxxx

Go for it girl!!

So looking forward to hearing about any new addition.. xx

Hayley x
Edited to say OMG I have said this twice :? :? Still mean it though Den :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts