Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new member and i have a brown lab puppy called Mitsie who is so sweet and very clever too. We have a male dalmatian who has had his nose put out of joint by her arrival although things are improving slowly. Has anybody else had this problem and can advise me how long will it be before they are friends?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I have a 2 1/2 yr old Jack Russel bitch (Jezabelle) and I just got a 8 week old choc lab boy (Ely) about a week a go. Jezabelle generally is not keen on other dogs and has had her nose out of joint most of the week but just in the last couple of days they have started play fighting which at times is a little scary - lot sof snapping and growling and jumping but they are sorting out who is boss and trying to be friends I think. They stop playing as soon as one cries if the other is a little rough which is very cute.

This was all helped by treating Jezabelle as top dog so she didnt get jealous of the new arrival. We fed her first, patted her first got everyone to groom puppy and she joined in etc etc.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
We have a male dalmatian who has had his nose put out of joint by her arrival although things are improving slowly.

Hi Chocky, :)

How are you getting on with Mitsie & your dalmation?

Hope they are a little better with each other, let us know how you are getting on :wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things are improving slowly. Unfortunately Monty is old and stiff these days and it makes him grumpy. When Mitzie is asleep he is great with her but when she is feeling playful he is terrified! She flys around like a maniac and is into everything, she bites his tail and chews his feet. He has snapped and snarled lots of times and this is worrying but everbody says he intends her no harm so to let them sort it out themselves. I know this is good advice so i am trying to leave them to it.
p.s. i have changed the spelling to Mitzie

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last night for the first time Monty nipped Mitzie and hurt her. She ran to me yelping and whimpering but there was no blood drawn and within 5 minutes she was fine. She has now learnt that she can't be a pesky little nusiance all the time and get away with it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi you're right. It's all sorted out now and Mitzie knows her place in the pack so they're getting on really well. can't wait to take them out for a walk together when she is 13 weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Am glad thats sorted i was toying with the idea of getting another lab but haveny got the room so would be unfair kids love dylan so much what a great dog but stubborn little monkey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts