Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I found this while looking for information on stopping my Lab from chewing. It looks like there is plenty of advice on here so I thought we would subscribe.

Jake and Elwood are brothers, a year old in just over a week. Elwood is very laid back but Jake is a chewing nightmare. We have tried kong toys, just a few minutes longer and they too are destroyed. Jake will also destuff his bed. They are probably quite bored which won't be helping. Both boys have severe dysplasia and have both just had a triple pelvic osteotomy for the second time so are on cage rest.

They spend little time unattended but five minutes alone and Jake has done his bed. Because of the surgery we are concerned about him lying on the floor. We are having carpets fitted today having had to remove the laminate flooring some weeks ago as the dogs were slipping on it and hurting themselves. It was this that alerted us to the hip problems.

I will get some pics uploaded as soon as the boys are free of their dodgy haircuts.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Welcome to LF. It sounds as if you've been having it rough lately. Hope the boys soon recover and you can get some normality back.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hello and welcome. We've just had all our wood floors taken up as our young dog has elbow dysplasia. We opted for a non slip vinyl in the hall and dinning room. It has helped him, he doesn't slip so much.
Hope the chewing stops when you can exercise them a little more. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts