Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six years ago this month Misty waddled up to Wife at Rescue Meet & Greet, sat down beside her, leaned into her leg, slid down to the ground and rooled over onto her back and tapped Wife on the knee to get a belly rub. Misty stayed with us for six years until she crossed the Bridge on 10 January 2005.

This past Monday we went to look at a six year old black Lab bitch that was listed as URGENT on petfinder.org. She was kenneled at a vet practice and when we got there they told us they needed to take the dog outside before she met us. Wife was standing in the opposite corner from the door when the vet tech brought her through. As soon as Baby Girl saw Wife, she pulled the vet tech over to Wife, licked her hand and sat down in front of her for some more Lab Lovin'. Any hope of a neutered yellow male was dashed. At least until we get a bigger bed.

Meet baby Girl:

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL314/438438/6341585/81491365.jpg

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Labdad,

What a lovely way for Babygirl to come into your family, i'm so happy for you & your wife, and Jack of course, that you have now adopted the beautiful baby girl. It sounds like both Misty and Babygirl were just waiting for you to come along, how lovely that you did.

Reading up on rescue stories, i do admire you, and anyone, for giving a rescue dog a new home, and new life, they certainly deserve only the best - and that's what Babygirl has found. :wink:

I wish you years of happiness with her, and look forward to hearing all about her as time goes by.

Have a great day,

Julie, Dave & Brad

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi labdad so glad to see your new girl im sure jack will take to her i think labs get on well with all dogs look forward to hearing your stories of her as she settels in to her new home yours sue

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Labdad
Wonderful news :D - sounds like she was meant to be part of your family - what a lovely story.
Wishing you, your wife and Jack lots of happy times with her.
:)

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi labdad,
baby girl looks gorgeous. we all know what a wonderful life she is going to have with you, wife and jack.
all the best,
jane and max

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Labdad,

How's it going?

How are Babygirl & Jack doing?

Hope you are all doing ok, i know you have been really busy recently, just to let you know we are thinking of you - take care now,

All the best,

Julie x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts