Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We have recently added an addition to our family and got ourselves a 2nd lab Angus.

Molly is a bit of a princess anyway, however I can't work out if she is playing or being aggressive to the pup, she is growling a quite a bit when he is going up to her and she also bounds around him a little and is mouthing his ears and underside of neck, there hasn't been a lot of pressure in mouthing but I normally intervene when at the pint of mouthing his neck.

Has anyone experienced this. Or has any advice ..

Many thanks

C

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'd be interested to see other peoples comments. I've noticed that Poppy, who is 1 yr old and generally very submissive to other dogs, becomes very bad mannered around pups. She barges into them and pins them down by the neck, which generally horrifies the puppy's owners :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure it is just them playing and Molly teaching her the way of dogs, just wanted to check you'll see attached they can get on although Molly wouldn't let him in her bed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
It is natural for the older one to teach the younger one its boundaries, this is done by what you have described, they will be best buddies in the end mine always have done. They know their limits with each other and have learnt to respect that.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If that's all she's doing to him you're lucky :wink:

She'll be teaching him manners doggy style, which is sometimes hard for us to grasp. When I got Dolly earlier this year Alfie was coming up to 5 yrs. The worst I dealt with was him turning my poor little pup on her back and pinning her down by her throat! The noises from both were awful...I nearly wet myself and Dolly did!

They are the best of friends 6 months on and have been for the majority of the time. These days i have to watch Dolly doesn't get too rough with Alfie
:roll:

Just give them time, let them get on with it, but if you feel your girl is getting stressed let her have some time to herself or with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts