Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only passed my driving test three months ago and I'm having fun taking Poppy to new places for our walks. We live on the edge of the South Downs and there are scores of footpaths and bridleways we've never been to. I spend hours poring over ordinance survey maps to find different walks to try. I found somewhere to day and off we set to explore. It turned out there were sheep everywhere and I couldn't let her off the lead, so after 5 minutes I turned and went back to the car. Poppy went in the back and I got in and looked in the rearview mirror. I tell you, if ever a dog could have a sour look on their face she did! I had to quick find somewhere else so she could have a good offlead walk. She enjoyed herself in the end cos she found what must have been the only stinking stagnant pond for miles around.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The walks sound lovely around that area - Poppy is a lucky girl!

I must find some more places around here so that Smudge can have some off-lead runs. There don't seem to be many round here though, it's a bit built up.

He'll have some fun when he goes up to Yorkshire to see his grandparents - they have a massive old playing field at the end of their garden and of course Yorkshire is heavenly for walks anyway!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I tell you, if ever a dog could have a sour look on their face she did!
Lol - that's funny Rosie, i can just imagine!

Congratulations on passing your driving test, i bet Poppy loves her new driving mum! :D So much fun, and so many places to be explored.

Julie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts