Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just wondering who your provider is?

I have got to make up my mind whether to stay with A.O.L. or not :)

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi

I'm with Wanadoo..............had no probs but know a lot very happy with Tiscali which looks cheaper :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I've got 2 AOL accounts - a UK unlimited one (which hubby uses for work from france) and a French one. I'm really happy and have used them for donkeys years. can connect direct to my own account from all over the place - v handy. Connection speed seems a lot quicker in France than in the UK but you have more choice.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
AOL here too - I've got the Gold subscription for £24.99 a month (1mps, up to 20x faster than dialup), the silver seemed too slow to bother with. Never had any connection problems. Really quick to deliver the modem as well, had mine all set up and running within a week of applying for it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
we have ntl broadband 2mb connection for £0.00!! Contacted them to discuss disconnection due to a cheaper provider so they offered it to me for nothing for 12 months :)

The cheaper option was www.homecall.co.uk - £19.99/month for broadband and unlimited landline phone calls all day everyday (in addition to a £10.50 bt line rental) VERY GOOD DEAL until NTL gave me the freebie!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

They have loads of info about all service providers including ratings for speed, reliability and customer service. They are all scored by the customers and the speed ratings are worked out by using a speed test tool on the website so should be fairly accurate.

I've been with BT for 4 years and have only had one or two problems in all that time. But I'm looking around for a cheaper deal as I'm still paying 4 year old sky high prices!

Cheers...

Stuart

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Colette, I'm with Virgin 1mb connection and they are faultless - even customer services have been helpfull - very rarely have any trouble with them :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I personally wouldn't touch AOL with a barge pole as in the past when using AOL dial up I have had to wipe two pc hardrives.

I am with Wanadoo now and have been for several years both dial up and now broadboad band and not had any problems

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am with blueyonder broadband i have found the best that i have used have had bt,aol,freeserve my dad has ntl and his is ok

chelle and scooby

1 - 13 of 13 Posts