Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just a quick question about the best insurance for Holly, Meg has always been with pet plan and to be honest they have paid without quibbling for her multiple surgeries to legs, fatty lumps, skin allergies etc.
I was wondering who other people are with as i think pet plan are a bit pricy now but obviously will keep meg with them. (no one else will touch us with a barge pole ha ha )

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'm with Tesco as they're the only one I could find who would let me have my kitten, sorry cat, on the same policy as Indy.

·
Registered
352 Posts
we are with AXA after much searching and found a good policy for Max , but luckily have not had to claim yet , so don't know about that side of it , we pay £19.00 per month , Max is 8 months old

·
Registered
503 Posts
My two are with Animal Friends.

I wanted a 'for life' policy (which a previous Tesco policy wasn't) and I was also attracted to their ethical policy of donating profits to animal charities.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
we went with argos of all people :D the platinum policy is £15 per month and that is for a life policy of £7500 per ailment :D

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I am with Pet Protect who are not cheap but are very good. They cover for life and all sorts of extras too. We do get discount for having more than 3 dogs but it is still jolly expensive, and when you have claimed it goes up the next year. Oak is about £ 20 ish and Ash is £ 23 ish but Fife, who had masses of mast cell tumours out and is now 9 1/2, is over £ 70 per month. BUT each tumour costs over £ 350 to remove and if he needs chemo we are into monopoly money so I keep it going for peace of mind. They paid out about £ 200 every month for Tarka in his latter years so I know they are good.

Katy

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
have moved one of mine from M & S to Axa (no pre-existing conditions with him) as their excess is good for a 9 yr old dog (whereas M & S's excess was £70 plus 15 or 20 %)
i moved one from Petplan years ago as his excess went up to about 30% once he reached 10

·
Registered
414 Posts
We are with animal friends insurance and we pay £16 per month and we have claimed twice in the past 6 months, ones for Codi's mystery leg issue where we had to go all they way down to fyfe and the other one which was for her ripping her belly open on some barb wire

They paid out both times with an access of £40 each time, and they pay up very quickly too!!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I have Jana and Macy with Direct Line, for life cover and £20.00 for both with £80.00 excess, I am switching Jana back to Pet Plan for a year due an illness but will then go back to Direct Line and I am adding Cori to Direct Line too.

It costs us £30.00 per month for Twix and excess is only £80.00 excellent value I think, that is salso with Direct Line :D

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
We're with M&S who have been very good - they paid out £7,000 last year for Rocky who had a ton of tests/x-rays/hydro and eventually a hip replacement without any problems.

They used to be underwritten by Axa insurance, but now they aren't they're not as cheap as they once were. I've been looking at going with Axa direct with my other two (no pre-existing conditions) as once they reach 7yrs old it's quite a fair bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yes that's exactly what i have done - my 9yo dog has moved to Axa (lower premium & much lower excess). my 3yo still with M & S as she's had small claims for skin problems for last 2 years but i may move her in time

M & S (when underwritten by Axa) were brilliant............. shame they moved to Royal SunAlliance as underwriters as there have been changes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts